Thread: Pets and moving to AK

Default Pets and moving to AK

Yes, another question

We'll be moving with 2 cats and 2 dogs. Aside from having them all up to date on shots w/records, is there anything else we'll need? My Lab has papers, would I need to have those handy?

Check with Canadian customs.

Also be aware everyone will need passports.

My in-laws travel back and forth to Montana twice a year with a cat and a dog. No issues at all. All you need is current shot records and health certificate.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    My in-laws travel back and forth to Montana twice a year with a cat and a dog. No issues at all. All you need is current shot records and health certificate.
    Thanky muchly Doug

Thats gonna be one $ vet bill

I just moved with 3 pets last summer. You'll need a health certificate filled out by your vet for each animal. They will also need all of their shots up to date. I believe that the certificate is only valid for 30 days though, I may be incorrect.

we moved up with 2 dogs, and 2 cats. yes all shot records and health certificates.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

A health certificate for each animal 30days or less before you cross the border. Plus shot records.

Mountaintrekker

Thanks for the information yall. Will be sure n get whats needed!! Thanks!

Snowy,

I spent three months this past fall looking for a "pet friendly" apartment complex or small house in Wasilla. When I read through one ad after another, nodding that "so far, so good; this is the place we want," as I scrolled through 'em. Then, as if lightning struck, my eyes would familiarize myself with yet another line to end my hopes, that of "sorry, no pets allowed."

It was disheartening to find the ideal place, within a set price range and then get that message, to say the least. If you rent you will find the same problem as well. That is not to say you will have my luck, but it is indeed a possibility if you have certain criteria/standards of what you are after in a place to live.

Luckily, we found a cabin away from Wasilla -- at nearly twice the cost of our apartment -- but at least it is pet-friendly! Plus our nearest neighbor is hundreds of yards away! That price difference is worth paying for, at least in my book! Not to mention that we don't have to worry if our dogs are outside in the middle of the night barking.

Hope you have good luck. And welcome to the state!