Thread: Discount Website for Outdoor Gear

Default Discount Website for Outdoor Gear

https://www.camofire.com/

Just got this from a friend. Thought some of you might benifit from this. Its kinda like Home Shopping Network for outdoor gear. Smoking deals on daily item. I like that they will ship USPS so we Alaskans won't get soaked on shipping.

chico - Are you familiar with steepandcheap? It's the same idea as camofire, except they update their items every 20-30 minutes instead of 1-2 times per day like camofire. It's not hunting-specific gear, but sometimes they have absolutely screaming deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    chico - Are you familiar with steepandcheap? It's the same idea as camofire, except they update their items every 20-30 minutes instead of 1-2 times per day like camofire. It's not hunting-specific gear, but sometimes they have absolutely screaming deals.
    Brian

I've never heard of them, but I will put them on my favorites and check out the site. 20-30 minutes. Sounds like the site could be addictive. Always looking for a good deal especially in todays market.

Thanks
    Mark

I used Steepandcheap quite a bit over the holidays. They often have great deals on jackets, synthetic shirts, tents. I've seen things up to 80% off.

My best score was a Siltarp at 50% off.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Steepandcheap has some incredible deals just about every day. I've bought clothes for snowmachining, sunglasses, camping gear and clothes for regular wear and hiking. Camofire has slowed down some since their inception but still offer incredible deals, especially on Sitka Gear.

Never herd of either of them.Do now!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Sounds like the site could be addictive.
    That's an understatement! I keep it open all the time, and can't help but glance at my toolbar when I see that steepandcheap is updating. I've seen deals up to 97% off - like a $200 jacket for $4.95. Needless to say, deals like that last about 15 seconds. Literally. I try to be wise with my impulse purchases, but if you're looking for a solid jacket or a backpack, SnC has great deals almost every day.

Default Discount Gear

Not as drastic a discount, but if you need to purchase a piece of gear, and want to find the lowest prices, bizrate.com will list a variety of sites selling that piece of gear, and the prices at each site. I can usually save 10-20% on what I planned on paying, by running everything thru bizrate before I buy.

Steepandcheap is killer. I am addicted. Best deal I got was a mountain Hardware Syncro Conduit Jacket for 98% off, originally 200.00, got it for like 1.88 or something.

Default Right?

OK, I just openened a new account on S&C and when I logged in the account name isn't my email acct. I think this may be my name assigned by them??? Any help? thanks, Mark

how is the shipping and handling for both of these sites to alaska? is it steep or is it cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Un-known View Post
    how is the shipping and handling for both of these sites to alaska? is it steep or is it cheap?
    Steepandcheap isn't too bad. It's a little steep for one item, but one nice feature is that you can have them hold your initial purchase for a week. If you buy anything else during that week, you can add it to the shipment for 99 cents per item. Yeah, it sucks you into looking for something to buy...but when you find things you need, it's a good deal.