Thread: just curious

Question just curious

I have the sweetest little trim 8x57 Mannlicher carbine that I'm considering letting go. It's on a 98 mauser action, 21" barrel and in very good condition, wearing a 13/4X5 Burris scope. I also have 16 boxes of various bullet weights and 8 boxes loaded ammo plus extra brass and loading dies (I might sell this stuff seperate). Any of you knowledgeable folks have any idea what the rifle may be worth?
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    I have the sweetest little trim 8x57 Mannlicher carbine that I'm considering letting go. It's on a 98 mauser action, 21" barrel and in very good condition, wearing a 13/4X5 Burris scope. I also have 16 boxes of various bullet weights and 8 boxes loaded ammo plus extra brass and loading dies (I might sell this stuff seperate). Any of you knowledgeable folks have any idea what the rifle may be worth?
    Which 98 action? Original military barrel? Original military trigger/safety?Has the bolt been cut off and rewelded or just bent and wearing very high rings? Lots of variables here that figure into what your gun is worth!

PHOTOS We must have photos....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

The action is a 98, I think Obendorf, and the bolt is turned up to facilitate low mount scope. It's very well done, so I don't know for sure if it was welded or turned. Action serial #3640 next to the eagle holding Nazi sign. I think barrel is original, but turned down sleek and crowned, very professional job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.