Thread: Guides - March 9-11, BGCSB Meeting

Default Guides - March 9-11, BGCSB Meeting

http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pgui18.htm

The tentative agenda should be available online in a few days.

Please plan to park in the lower Gold lot and take the free shuttle bus up to the Wood Center since the parking ticketers do not get Spring Break.

Thumbs up Thanks.

OffTheRecord...Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated and "in the loop".

Dennis

you going dennis?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by OffTheRecord View Post
    http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pgui18.htm

The tentative agenda should be available online in a few days.

Please plan to park in the lower Gold lot and take the free shuttle bus up to the Wood Center since the parking ticketers do not get Spring Break.
    Thank you for posting. For the rest that might be attending there has been some interest in having some presentations about guiding for different species or round table discussions about hunting methods. Might consider contacting the "board" if interested in participating.
    Joe (Ak)
    (There is some parking close to the WoodCenter with parking meters. Two hour limit for most of them.)

i'm expecting a big turnout this time around. parking in the gold lot wasn't bad, the bus worked out pretty good, but i just started walking it. it was chilly though! did see several guides up parked on the meters too as joe mentioned.
    Master guide 212

Question FBKs meeting

BRWNBR,

At this time i do plan on attending. The Dec. Anchorage meeting was somewhat benign so I'm looking forward to seeing the tentative agenda. At the Anchorage meeting, the real action was the DNR public informational meeting held one evening after the BGCSB meeting. Of course I want to see if there is any additional discussion on that DNR deal.

But it is always nice to see friends and renew acquaintances...might even meet some new friends...forum buddies.

So, Jake, are you driving up?

Dennis

i should be driving up...might see if i can stay at wantj's house....
    Master guide 212

Lightbulb DNR Comments deadline...

Well...progress with lodging accomodations in Fairbanks does not seem to be favorably moving forward. So...moving more towards getting back on track, back on thread...

Several of my PMs have noted that the extended deadline for DNR on-line comments is currrently Monday, 3/15/10. The BGCSB meeting runs March 9th, 10th, and 11th. So, yes, it will be interesting to see if any meeting time is projected and directed toward the projected DNR Guide Concession Abortion.
    Opps, I mean the APHA directed DRN Guide Concession Plan.
    Opps-Opps, I mean the projected Dept of Natural Resources Guide Area Concession Plan.

...waiting for the tentative agenda...

Dennis

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

lodging? Fairbanks?

what do ya need dennis?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Tentative

This is the link for the tentative agenda: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/...genda_3_10.pdf

Is anyone here able to loan the Board trophies for the practical exams on Friday March 12th? The person who was supposed to drive the trophies to Fairbanks from storage in Anchorage is not going now. Ideally there would be 2-3 good samples of sheep, goat, moose, caribou, and bears for the candidates to score.

Also, as usual the Board will be asking for guides whocan stay and help administer the practical parts of the registered guide-outfitter examinations on the 12th.

and if you stay and help with the test that will make you a more qualified guide to be awarded a GCP permit....
    Master guide 212