Thread: Upper Brushkana Creek?

Default Upper Brushkana Creek?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has hiked off the Denali Highway up Brushkana Creek? I would like to hike up the drainage and camp/fish etc. and am wondering if it is bushwacking the whole way? Anyone know if there are game trails to follow and which side of the creek would be best? Bushwacking is OK but I would rather take the path of least resistance.....

What I want to do is find a way up the drainage (on the soth side of the highway) and potentially access the mountains to the SW for some exploring. Not looking to poach someones favorite hunting spot etc, not into hunting just exploring during Jun/July/Aug . If the Brushkana Creek area is not the best, would going up Seattle Creek be any better?

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

Both creeks are not really good to follow. Too much brush. If you don't mind hiking on tundra you can just head south. Eventually, depending on how much you meander around, you will probably run into an ATV trail. When we were kids in the 70's our family would take day hikes to the south of the highway east of Brushkana into the foothills of the mountains. It's beautiful country.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Thanks

AKDoug, thanks for the input. I was figuring as much regarding how brushy it is. I will probably do as you suggested an just hike over the tundra and go exploring. All around there is some really good berry picking!

Cheers,
    Jay