Thread: Interior Lakes

Default Interior Lakes

Does anyone have any suggestions of places to go catch some stockers near Fairbanks with the kiddos? I took them out to Chena Lakes a few weeks ago and we had a great time and even caught a few small stockers. Any suggestions on places, tackle, and fishing tips are greatly appreciated. I'm not looking for trophy fishing just somewhere the kids can get into some fish. Heres a picture of my oldest with his catch, we had a blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man chena lakes is by far and away the best place to take kids. We should get a kids ice day going. Go out and drill a bunch of holes, have some kind of feed, maybe a big pot'o chilly..just a ice fishing is fun day. My schedule is kind of a kicker but I'm sure I could make things work. Getting ready to switch to weekends off here in a week. yay!

I dont typically fish at the boat launch though, we do much better getting a way from there. Again nothing to big, though I did hear there was some big char dumped in last summer. I know of a good char spot come early summer for a few weeks bank fishing.

Default quarts

If you want to go to Quarts for the derby on saturday me and my roommate are going and I have been doing good around my shanty. Bring the kids and I will drill everyone some holes. Give me a pm if you want.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

I took the boy out yesterday, he caught and released 14. Both dollys and bows.

Nothing really special, small jigs and bubba gump shrimp . Salmon eggs didnt work at all for us.

I don't do a ton of ice fishing, but have had decent luck at Birch lake. Not quite the drive as Quartz too, which is usually better for the kids.

Mustang,
    That's a great photo...priceless.

Yea, I haven't been to Birch Lake Ice Fishing yet. We were gonna go today, but just got a little too busy to head down that way. We did hit Chena Lake again for a few hours and caught some more small rainbows. THe kids had a good time and best of all they sleep well afterwards .