I want to become the most responsible, ethical hunter I can, and thanks to this forum I have learned how to hunt the "right way".
Here are a few:
- Hunt only with the most primitive weapon possible, anything else is not “hunting” so all firearms and compound bows are out.
- The absolute quickest means of killing the animal must be used at all times, anything less of instantaneous death is unethical. So archery equipment is out.
- Do not discuss, share, show anything related to the animal I take, or god forbid “preserve” any part of the animal as this process is considered “bragging” and is highly unethical.
- Do not kill anything less than a trophy animal, because to do so is too easy, and just isn’t hunting.
- Do not kill a trophy animal because it is widely known that if you do, your not going to eat it.
- Find what area of the state is “mine”, there should be no one else there using this land for there activities, because again, this is MY land.
- Do not use any type of a motorized vehicle as the trails it leaves are way worse than game trails, which is not a concern since the only way I should be able to hunt is if I live in the bush year round anyways.
- Do not use any “high tech” gadgets, to do so renders you incompetent of “real hunting”
- When the fish and game state I can shoot 15 birds, they really mean one.
- If the limit is 15, I am going to kill 15 each and every time.
- I should be able to kill any animal, as many as I want, whenever I want, for whatever reason because it is my right.
- When hunting, I should not kill any animal, since the purpose of hunting is just to enjoy the outdoors, and I am a hunter, not a killer.
- If a life and death situation arises and I am starving , and I find a wolf killed caribou, I should leave it for the wolf since he “belongs here” and I do not.
-Trapping, baiting, and use of dogs are out. This method is highly un-ethical because everybody knows that these methods guarantee success each and every time.
- Always assume “other” hunters are unethical, immoral, lazy, and more than likely hunting illegally, after all, they aren’t me right?
It’s funny, if some “hunters” got their way, there would be no hunting left for anyone. Just something to ponder.