Thread: Son's first snowmachine trip (Tundra LT)

Default Son's first snowmachine trip (Tundra LT)

So the kiddo has a rough cold right now and we decided to just do a small trip yesterday. I parked on Big Lake over where the guys practice on their race sleds (good show). One of the racers offered to take pics of my son on his first snowmachine trip. I told my son to just drive down to the end of the plowed area and back so he could take the pics. I was going to continue the lessons after the pictures. Well.......I must say that I haven't had the sht scared out of me that bad in a long time. the second I sat in his Otter sled......he took off like it was a moto cross race. He def. had the throttle pinned and let all 250 cc rip. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, waiving my hands, and the racer guy holding the camera was too. He couldnt hear us. he hit a snow bank and we both went airborne. He whipped the thing around in the powder and then hit another snowbank side ways and almost tipped the sled. I was fishtailing all over the place. He finally stopped when he wanted to. I forgot to take my Blood Pressure Med. so my heart was pounding out through my chest. The racer guy got a good laugh out of that. We continued the day with some snow machine lessons and he learned the lessons very quickly. I asked him later on why he did that and he just replyed "I just thought......go real real fast....as fast as the "snowmobile" can go". We covered side hilling, shifting your weight, leaning into corners, riding while kneeling, checking on your tote sled and passengers, fuel oil mix ratios, approaching hills, and driving through the woods with no trail.

Attached Images Attached Images

HAHA I totally understand I am teaching my wife to ride she is new to snow period.

Default good one

hahaha, just thank your god that he didn't have a 700 plus cc, that would have been one heck of a trip!

He's a natural! Funny story
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Like I said before, feed the universe positive energy and wonderful things happen! So glad I made that trade! It was all worth it to hear that story and see your son ridding!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Hope you don't mind but I did some adjustments to your photos, brought out the boys smiling eyes.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Hope you don't mind but I did some adjustments to your photos, brought out the boys smiling eyes.
    not to mention the fresh new paint and fancy factory original decals ehh?......

Mike,
    If you are feeling daring, I could pull you behind my Tundra....

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Mike,
    If you are feeling daring, I could pull you behind my Tundra....

Mike
    long as you bring that cougar your wife works with....hot dmn!

nah.....just kiddin......I'm actually dating a gal right now.......and she became a forum member too.....gotta watch what i say.....i dont like dog houses.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    not to mention the fresh new paint and fancy factory original decals ehh?......

Tracy was stunned how good the sled looks, you did a great job getting it in shape!
    BHA Member

Tracy was stunned how good the sled looks, you did a great job getting it in shape!

well......i took a pic of it for you guys so you could see what the ole tundra looks like now. you aint kiddin bout the thing being good on gas either.........does it even use fuel?? I did take the carb apart, clean it, and factory adjusted it. it doesnt even take a pull to start......maybe a half a pull. The oil injection junk went in the trash bucket too. good dose of 50:1......

smiling eyes, my wife tells my boy he has smiling eyes all the time..