Thread: raft/dinghy

Default raft/dinghy

I need to get a raft for this summer and am looking at the Gary King Tender series. The boat show has what I think is a decent price on them. The reason I'm looking at the tender series is that the 8'10" model only weighs 50 pounds and has a capacity of 900+ lbs. Can't go much longer than the 8'10" because of my top configuration.

Does anyone have any input as to why they like, or things they don't like about this raft? Maybe another option for $1K or less?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    I need to get a raft for this summer and am looking at the Gary King Tender series. The boat show has what I think is a decent price on them. The reason I'm looking at the tender series is that the 8'10" model only weighs 50 pounds and has a capacity of 900+ lbs. Can't go much longer than the 8'10" because of my top configuration.

Does anyone have any input as to why they like, or things they don't like about this raft? Maybe another option for $1K or less?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
    Best bang for your buck IMO! A lot of people have them on this forum. Search this thread, this topic has been discussed a lot.

I got mine last year. Jim King is great to deal with and knows repeat business is important and makes sure you are happy. I would recommend him and am confident that if I have a problem he will take care of it.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I got mine last year. Jim King is great to deal with and knows repeat business is important and makes sure you are happy. I would recommend him and am confident that if I have a problem he will take care of it.
    What he said . . .

Default Triple ditto...

Everything about the AK series tender is good. Re though that the 8'10" includes the bow and stern tubes, which are about 16" each...good fit for 2 people, don't know how you would have room to ever get to 900 lbs. Try a Honda 2hp 4-stroke with a long shaft, only weighs bout 27 lb. One person can put this raft on top or take it down. Grizzly Claw bottom skids are great, it does work pretty well with the included oars if you don't want a motor.

The other thing to watch for is if you have a radar arch - the King Series is pretty tall, and while I measured for length, I didn't measure the height of the tubes . . . which is going to require a new radar arch this spring . . . .

Default Thanks All

Ordered one the last day of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Ordered one the last day of the show.

Good Choice, you will love it!!!