Thread: Beulah Guide Series

Default Beulah Guide Series

Still looking for a $200-$300 7 or 8 weight rod, and I came across the Beulah Guide rods. Did a forum search and their switch and spey rods get very good reviews from the people who own them. Has anyone casted one of the guide series rods? The 7wt looks like a good rod for local steelhead and silvers, though the 8wt might work better for throwing a sink tip and a heavy conehead leech.

Any help is appreciated.

Default guide series

I have not cast the 7 or 8wt rods, but have cast the 3 and 4. The med-fast action fits my casting stroke well. I think the Beulah rods are the most well made rods in that price range, best cork, most attention to detail on the thread wraps and guide alignment. They are also made in america, have a lifetime warranty, and come with spare tip section also.
    One thing I would like to see is more options in length. Each line weight only comes in one length, I think a few options would expand their customer base.

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Default Beulah Rod

If you have an ebay account there is a 9' 4pc 7WT for bid starting at $174.99 with free shipping. It is the Beulah Guide series fly rod.