Thread: You need one of these!

Default You need one of these!

http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1%7C135%7C439&id=1383608

Great prices and it could save your life. The inflateables are so comfortable you wont even know you have it on untill you need it! I am not connected to them in any way shape or form. Just thought you may want to snag one of these!

Um, you do realize that this type of messaging is considered SPAM, right?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Joat
    sorry for pointing out a good deal that could save a life. From the PM's i got it seems like some peeps have ordered some and thanked me.

Cabela's wouldn't ship inflatables because of the CO2..does anyone know if Defender will??
    Yesterday I ran into an Old Girlfriend and I thought I missed her...
    So I backed up and hit her again, ya know sometimes I really do miss her!!

Default Almost Spam-

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Joat
    sorry for pointing out a good deal that could save a life. From the PM's i got it seems like some peeps have ordered some and thanked me.
    I have to admit, when I read the post I almost deleted it and banned you (our usual response to spammers). It was a combination of the way the post was worded, and your username that triggered the near-miss. But when I looked at your sign-in date, and saw that you were a legit member of the site, I left it. Joat is correct. No offense intended, just be careful how you word these kinds of posts. We have deleted many like it that were Spam.

Our spam cops are on high alert right now because the entire Internet is being bombed by spammers from China and Eastern Europe. We've deleted hundreds of messages and banned dozens of spammers in the last few months (thanks everyone, for reporting them)! So if it's a legitimate post, consider wording it a bit differently to avoid problems. I would hate to ban a valid user by mistake.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Be cautious of the auto inflate vests. They can deploy at a most inopportune time. I would not use one in serious white water.

kgpcr,

I think your intentions were obvious and thank you for letting us know about the product. Don't take the other responses personally. They were valid assessments of what your post appeared to be. I agree that it looks like SPAM. Perhaps next time post a write up about a product you like and some personal experience with it. A brief paragraph would go a long way to adding validity to the endorsement. Then perhaps at the bottom, attach a link for anyone interested. Safety on the water is something we all can benefit from. Perhaps it was just the way this thread was delivered, not the message itself, that was poorly received.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.