Thread: where to buy logs

Default where to buy logs

Does anyone know of a place where one can buy seasoned logs? They don't have to be peeled or anything, just enough for about a 14x16 trapper cabin.

I think in some ways it might be easier to build a small cabin in your backyard on evenings and weekends, and then disassemble and transport to the lot for reassembly.

In other words, does anyone know anyone who might have 60 spruce logs about 18-20 feet long for sale?

Bobble

When was the Last time you drove down the HOPE Road..........

I presently live and work close to Lake Clark

Default logs

Go to craigslist.org. There are a few wood sellers selling whole logs for firewood. So, they should be seasoned.

Default Logs

Last year I purchased logs from Mark in Talkeetna. We were using them for firewood at the lodge, but he had a lot of nice, seasoned logs in his yard. Great guy to deal with too, and very reasonable prices. His number is 907-355-5813

Good Luck!
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Thanks for the info

I hauled a dozer for Mark a couple weeks ago and he definately had some spruce logs decked up in his yard.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I presently live and work close to Lake Clark

Default Craigslist

16' x 20' 6" D log cabin kit - $7913 (Wasilla)

Date: 2010-02-17, 8:16AM AKST
    Reply to: sale-6wfgr-1604983476@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

16' x 20' 6" D log cabin kit
    1/2 loft
    8' porch
    3/4 OSB T&G Subfloor
    All log and lumber included to construct
    (907)373-3887
    www.logandlumberak.com

Try Carl or Russ at Mat-Valley Milling. 746-3030

They did an awesome job on my beams.

While there are lots of places to get logs there are only a few that have good logs. Poppert milling by pitman has by far the best 3 sided logs available. I have used logs from at least 4 other mills and theres is by far the best. By best I mean the stacking flats on his 3 sided logs are at least 5 inchs where-as others are 2-5 inchs and they say well it all works out. sorry if I can get a 5 inch base and upper I will take it.

Thanks for the replies, I'm actually not looking for milled logs or D sided logs, just...horizontal spruce trees really, they don't even have to be peeled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'm actually not looking for milled logs or D sided logs, just...horizontal spruce trees really, they don't even have to be peeled.

Thanks
    Try Carl or Russ at Mat-Valley Milling. 746-3030, Carl actually skids the logs out. They can even deliver the trees to your building site in most cases. They supply several firewood people with logs too.