Thread: Petersville

Default Petersville

Any recent word on Petersville conditions for this weekend?

Hows Petersville???

Good snow, bad light. The Curry Ridge Riders groomed the E-W Express, CBT, and North Loop trails Friday and report they're in good shape.

I'd say, OK snow, great light. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful. Trails were in great shape, key word for east-west express and Petersville Rd is "were." They see heavy use and get tore up pretty quick.

Most snow is stiff from wind and warm weather. It's OK but not what I'd like. We need a good series of snowstorms for that area.

Does anyone know if P-ville get the 15 inches i saw in the weather??

Wife and I rode Petersville yesterday and even though the snow was not very good, we still had fun. Upper level of snow is crusty and once you break through it is thick and heavy. We were riding down Petersville rd towards the Kenny Creek cutoff on the right side and was riding along the edge near the road when all of a sudden the edge just collapsed under the wifes sled. With the help of a couple of Cat riders we were back on our way. Rode out to the Ease/West and found some gulleys to play in, got stuck once and then went for a cruise towards the Peters Hills. Snow was bad everywhere so we bagged it and rode back to the truck.

If your planning on riding Petersville, you might want to consider waiting for more snow. No matter where we went the snow was the same, crusty, thick and heavy. The road all the way down to where it turns to dirt is in excellent condition but the dirt road is full of potholes and ice.