Thread: Who to fly with out of Kotz?

Default Who to fly with out of Kotz?

Used Buck Maxson and Eric Sieh in the past. Buck has retired (more or less) and Eric has moved on to other things. Looking for suggestions on who to use on next float trip north of Kotz. Any thoughts appreciated.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thumbs up Jim Kincaid

We flew with Jim last year and he gets top marks. Jim and his crew were all excellent and his equipment is excellent as well. I highly recommend him.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Used Buck Maxson and Eric Sieh in the past. Buck has retired (more or less) and Eric has moved on to other things. Looking for suggestions on who to use on next float trip north of Kotz. Any thoughts appreciated.

-Dan

Default another for Jim

Jim Kincaid is the way to go up there... he is experienced and a fantastic pilot. He knows the region and is great to work with. Have flown with him numerous times.

his company is called northwestern aviation. you can see them here: http://www.alaskaonyourown.com/

Greg

Default As good as it gets

I have flown with Jim Kincaid the last 2 years. He is a straight shooter. It is good to see a man who says what he is going to do, and does what he says.

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for the replies guys. I got an email from Jim today. All is well and I have a new pilot for my trips north of Kotz it seems.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Jared Cummings

I flew with Jared Cummings last year. He took Eric Seihs place. He was incredible and would definately fly with him again. you can look him up under Haggland Air.

Default Jim Kincaid

I fly out of Kotzebue every year. I started using Jim three years ago. He is the best of the best as far as I am concerned.
    Runs a smooth operation
    Prices are reasonable.
    Communicates really well.
    And most important of all: The story doesn't change once you get there. Might just be my luck, but it seems to me like during the off season, people will often tell you one thing but once you get there the story is a bit different. Usually not to bad, but I have spent time researching an area only to land far and away from the area I was researching.

I rank Jim close to Roland at Sea Hawk Air over on Kodiak. Jim hires very experienced pilots and field test them prior to letting them drop people, but Roland is a one man operation. I always know my pilot, so he gets more points for that.