Thread: Truck rentals in Fairbanks

Default Truck rentals in Fairbanks

Looking to rent a truck to drive up the Haul Road in August...any suggestions? Please give me the telephone number if you have that too. Thanks.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

In the past, Airport Rental had pickups. (907) 456-2000
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Be aware that every rental agreement I've seen in Alaska stipulates no driving on the Denali Hwy, Taylor Hwy or Dalton Hwy. Some are even more restrictive and include the Elliott and the gravel portions of the Steese.

Good luck.

That was what was so great about Airport Equipment. They rented trucks to oil field contractors and had no issues with Haul Rd. use.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

PM Vince. He had told me about a place a while back that rents trucks. Your intention was mine as well. He seemed to know of a place.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

airport rental check with dirtofak...on them... national car rental here inFBK has trucks with airport rental stickers on them they are used up the road... F250-f350's
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Uhaul

I betcha that the Uhaul truck would be your best bet pricewise.
    They only have one but it could do it. You are moving gear up to your camp right.

19.95 per day+ mileage after 650 miles.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kaboku68 View Post
    I betcha that the Uhaul truck would be your best bet pricewise.
    They only have one but it could do it. You are moving gear up to your camp right.

19.95 per day+ mileage after 650 miles.

Sincerely,
    Thomas
    they will make you buy it if you take it up the haul road
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    airport rental check with dirtofak...on them... national car rental here inFBK has trucks with airport rental stickers on them they are used up the road... F250-f350's
    Vince, what is/who is dirtofak?
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    Vince, what is/who is dirtofak?
    a member that just informed me he no longer works at airport Equipment rentals...

National Car rental off Dale road in fairbanks has a lot of the A. E. R. trucks there in the summer also... i think you go 200 miles a day free on the trucks.. all came with tow hitches etc...

meet on face book here

Alright, so I called Airport Rentals and they said they do all their truck rentals through National Car Rentals. When I asked them about renting a truck, I was told that they don't rent trucks for personal use to go up the Haul Road. They said they have Ford F150 4WD trucks for rent but that you can't take the trucks on unpaved roads. I presume that no mention of where you are going is made when making reservations. Is that correct?

Check with Heindl's Auto on cushman street. I heard they have rented trucks out before for people going up the Haul Rd. Worth a shot and also Go North RV rents trucks with slide-in campers for going up north.

Post u did not ask the right way..

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    Alright, so I called Airport Rentals and they said they do all their truck rentals through National Car Rentals. When I asked them about renting a truck, I was told that they don't rent trucks for personal use to go up the Haul Road. They said they have Ford F150 4WD trucks for rent but that you can't take the trucks on unpaved roads. I presume that no mention of where you are going is made when making reservations. Is that correct?
    ask what it would be to rent a truck for your team of out of state contractors on bunniess....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Default UHaul

Vince,

I have personally used U-Haul's 250 on a car rescue mission up on the Dalton Highway. I used them and Whitespruce Enterprise's car hauler and the entire bill up going up and coming back was 500 for both truck and trailer and we were gone for three days. I felt that I was moving stuff and the truck has more use marks than the Airport Rentals which are actually pretty hard to pin down.

Sincerely,
    Thomas