Thread: Power Line Trail to Hilltop Winter riding

Smile Power Line Trail to Hilltop Winter riding

anyone Done the Powerline pass to hilltop in the winter ?
    Any maps showing it ?
    I am a First Year Mtn Bkr witha 29r looking for people interested in Biking and ride the trail at Flattop.

Thanks,
    P.S
    Any Information on Flattop To Hilltop is very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra2z View Post
    anyone Done the Powerline pass to hilltop in the winter ?
    Any maps showing it ?
    I am a First Year Mtn Bkr witha 29r looking for people interested in Biking and ride the trail at Flattop.

Thanks,
    P.S
    Any Information on Flattop To Hilltop is very appreciated.
    There are a few ways down. From the Glen Alps trailhead, you can go out to the Powerline Trail, then take a left and just follow the main trail down to Prospect Heights. When you get to the bottom, continue partway up the first hill past the trail intersection and hang a left on a singletrack trail that will lead you down. Another way is to take the trail to the Prospect Heights trailhead, follow the parking lot road out to the main road. Hang a right on the trail that takes off from there and follows the gasline down (big clearing). Take a left on one of the STA trails and follow it down or just go straight down and drop directly on to the Gasline trail that you will T into. Take a left and end up at Hilltop.

Keep in mind that some trails between Glen Alps and Hilltop are closed to bikes in the winter (some in summer as well). If you are coming down the Gasline from Prospect Heights, do not turn onto the groomed ski trails you will encounter. That is a ski only trail and closed to bikes. Signs are present, so is fairly clear.

Hope that helps. If you have other questions, feel free to ask here or PM me. I can probably clarify things more if you are a little more specific.

Default Trail Maps

Here is a map that should help. Once you get to Prospect Heights, take any combination of routes to get to Hilltop. Avoid Spencer Loop and other signed ski-only trails.

STA Trails 1.jpg

Most direct route: Glen Alps directly down to Prospect Heights trailhead, then to Gasline and directly down to "Multi-Use Corridor" and left to Hilltop.

Better, More interesting: Glen Alps to Prospect. Llama Trail to the Hive to Janice's Jive to Queen Bee Loop and down to Hilltop on Drone Lane.

Talking Trail Maps

AnchSkier
    Thank you for responding. The information and map will definetly help.
    Again Thanks for taking the time to respond .

Ra2z

I'm thinking with the recent snowfall might not be the best time. I had been hiking those trails before the recent dump, and they were well packed and would have made for good riding.