Thread: A lab rescued

Default A lab rescued

Wasn't looking for another dog yet, but we just added this little 5 month old female black lab to our pack. It was slated for "termination" at the shelter this week after being found wandering loose in traffic, turned into the shelter by a concerned citizen, and then the "owner" didn't want it and told the shelter to keep it.

So, long story short the wife found out about this story and we volunteered to adopt her and picked her up this afternoon. Her and the golden have been running and playing non-stop, which is great for him because he's been getting kinda lazy this winter and needs a buddy. She seems to be a pretty smart cookie so far. By the sound of the previous "owner", I was very surprised to find that there was some basic obedience training already in place. But there is a lot of work to do yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

turned into the shelter by a concerned citizen, and then the "owner" didn't want it and told the shelter to keep it.
    Thats a **** shame

Good looking dog very surprising that it would have been there long enough to be put on the termination list. Glad you adopted her.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

I believe that your rescue lab will thank you many more times than I can, but a big Thank-You from me for now.
    Mike

Default Good on you

And good luck with her...hopefully she will see lots of birds fall and keep the"old" boy youthful.

Wow Joat, both are beautiful! What a good looking crew you have there!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Hey buddy

That is one nice looking "rug". Bet he warms the feet good. What a little sweety your new lab is. I'll bet if you show a tear that WR (Baron) will find a bit of pity and you may even get a day of training with him.
    Isn't that nice of me WR to offer up your services gratis? Easy there fella.
    Glad you had room for her in the house, but I have to ask, is your wife as soft on you as the dogs?

Ha! She's not "soft" on me at all. But if she could, she'd have every lonely dog in the state at our house. I'm always the one to say, "no". But for whatever reason, this time the story was a little different and the dog just seemed "right".

The pup is getting settled in. It was a long and rather sleepless night for her in the new surroundings with all the new animals around.

We've been trying to come up with a name all day, but thus far we are drawing a blank. All of our animals have a meaningful name and we just haven't pinned this girl with a "label" just yet. It will come.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!