Thread: Honda ES & EPS

Default Honda ES & EPS

for 07, Honda has something that has caught my wifes eye. Me I am a 03 Grizz man myself. How reliable is the electronic shift? Seems if I recall correctly Honda had some problems a few yrs back on that part of there bikes. She wants a Honda unless I can coax her onto a 07 Grizz
    any help with the new hondas would be great.

thanks

I ride a 2002 foreman 450 es and have put 1300 miles on since new,all miles are pretty hard ones at that...I dont purposely beat on it but im always carrying quite a load and getting to places others dont to get away from the crowds.Its pulled out 3 moose and several caribou and ive not any problems with anything other than replacing 2 torn cv boots...Theres alot of good brands out there,I've just always been a honda guy....

Default 04 Foreman ES

I ride an O4 Foreman ES. I've got over 1200 miles on it in mud, barely there trail, hills, snow, & VERY cold weather. I've only had one problem...This November I had it stored out in my pole barn at -35 and after getting it started and the engine warmed up enough to ride with damage the Electronic Shift didn't work. I put the peg on and used that until it warmed up enough for the ES to work. It still got me out to my bourbot set and back. Haven't had any other problems.

My wife rides an 01 ES Rancher. The ES is a great, reliable feature. Out of the 1000 mile we have on the machine it has hung up between gears only a couple of times. Actually the old 300TRX manual shift Honda I used to ride would get stuck between gears much more often. No mechanical failures to speak of with the ES either. The machine also comes with a lever to manually shift gears if it is required.

I would not hesitate to buy another ES machine.