Thread: Artic Oven Group Buy

Default Artic Oven Group Buy

I'm going to buy an Artic Oven tent, they offer 10% off if you buy more than one. The tents do not have to be the same. Anyone interested in buying one, in the Fairbanks area??? You hardly ever find one for sale used and if you do it sells right away. So enjoy a warm cozy tent and sell it if you need to. Like money in the bank, that's how I'm pitching it anyway.

Default What size

are you looking at getting? I may have a one night slept in AO8X for sale. It is being offered to some friends right now. It will be the tent, the arctic over wood stove (and pipe), a canvas floor cover and a nylon ground cloth. It will be about $500 less than all this new.

Made the mistake of checking out the new ArticOven10 Extreme with built in vestibule, I'm sure I will end up with one.
    Very nice, A vast improvement to the old design.
    Good time to sell that old one and upgrade.

Default new vestibule

I went to Tent & Tarp & looked at the new vestibule. The good news it looks like any normal vestibule on smaller tents & would be nice to store a couple packs & other gear under to keep dry.

The bad news, it is all one piece including the fly. Which means your current fly gets replaced & is now just an expensive tarp. Also the hub / spider on your tent must be changed. The new hub system has 5 spoke holes, one for the pole that goes down the front center of the tent / vestibule the pole then splits into an upside down U shape to provide support against snow / rain. The extra poles & material probably adds 8 lbs to the total weight.

While it looks good & probably functions well it doesnít provide as much space as one would think with an $860 price tag. This price does include the fly, pole, & hub. I canít justify the amount to replace a fly that is still in good shape.

What a great addition! Do they have one for the Artikka too?

I believe she said they were still working on it. They are making me a grille block for a 2007 tundra truck I recently bought. I will ask on Monday when they install the grille block.

Come on LuJon, your a sucker for new gear, don't you want to be the talk of moose camp while you sit out of the rain under the vestibule of your still new smelling AO 10 Extreme....
    Smoking your victory cigar????

Steve

Stid,

Any idea if the new vestibule/fly will just replace my current AO fly?? That would be a cheap(er) (everything is relative) upgrade than buying a whole new tent. I realize it doesn't help ya in the group buy aspect though.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I believe she said they were still working on it. They are making me a grille block for a 2007 tundra truck I recently bought. I will ask on Monday when they install the grille block.

Come on LuJon, your a sucker for new gear, don't you want to be the talk of moose camp while you sit out of the rain under the vestibule of your still new smelling AO 10 Extreme....
    Smoking your victory cigar????

Steve
    LOL, yeah I am a sucker. W/ 3 kids though the 10 would be small for me. Besides that my current schedule of being in the desert every winter has me selling my last sled off at the moment. I will not be in the market for a winter tent untill probably this time next year. I just purchased a golite shangri-la 8 for moose camp.

Default fly only

Lanche,
    When I was in the store today the guy had to look it up, but as far as he could tell it will be $860.

This is just the fly, with the vestibule pole, & spider/ hub. You still use your original tent & poles.

Default So now that you got us all looking to spend $$$$ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Made the mistake of checking out the new ArticOven10 Extreme with built in vestibule, I'm sure I will end up with one.
    Very nice, A vast improvement to the old design.
    Good time to sell that old one and upgrade.

What does the puppy weigh and what does it cost

Louis
    Last edited by stid2677; 02-06-2010 at 23:06.

Okay, the sales lady told me that the extra material and poles adds about 8lbs. The listed weight for the AO 10 is 42lbs, so this should be about 50lbs for the standard AO 10 extreme with Vestibule.

I will double check the price, but if I remember right the tent with standard poles is
    1895.00 just for the tent, All the other stuff is extra and the prices are are the web site.

Steve

Had no idea their prices increased that much in the last couple of years. Our Artika Exteme was 1,750 just a couple of years ago.

The vestibule on the 10x10 looks like a well thought out design over the older version but the lower opening means hunching over even further to get in and out of the tent.

Since the prices and weight are similar (57 vs 50) my choice would go for the Artika Extreme vs the 10x10 with built in vestibule. The extra room inside the Artika is well worth it. We usually tie a cord between two trees in front of the tent and fling over a tarp to give us a dry area for our gear and a place to stand while taking off the packs and boots.
    Tennessee

Stid,

Just curious are you planning on using this AO on the AK Pen and Kodiak?? If so the vestibule makes sense. But if its just for winter camping generally you don't have to worry about you stuff getting rained on. I would like to upgrade to the Extreme poles and guyouts on my AO 10 at some point though.

My plans are mostly going to include coastal hunts with wet damp conditions, more than hard core winter camping. Very Nice to have a heat source to dry out wet damp gear.

Steve

My hunting partner and I used an Artika on a coastal hunt a few years ago and the polypro liner really helped dry out gear quickly.

I wonder if the new spider and pole set up could be made to work in an old-style vestibule? I may have to buy just the poles and give it a try. I certainly can't see spending almost $900 for a new fly. Too bad they don't have some kind of upgrade policy where you can trade in an old style fly and vestibule.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Stopped by today and ask a few more questions.

The price for AO 10 with built in vestibule and standard poles is $1895.00.

We can pay for them at one store and pick them up at the other. In other words we can buy 2 tents, pay at the same time in Fairbanks, pick up one in Fairbanks and the other in Anchorage.

They are taking about 2 week to make.

Steve

Default AO10 w/integrated vestibile clarification

Hey everyone, I work for Alaska Tent and Tarp. I wanted to clear up alittle confusion on this thread.
    As of 2-14-2010 we have designed and "New" Artic Oven tent, The AO10 w/ integrated vestibule. This tent is an AO10 extreme tent with and fly and pole set that features a vestibule built in. The price is $325 more than the AO10 extreme. $1845 for the "New" tent standard. Colored and camo fly options are extra.

We will be working a "New" Arktika w/integrated vestibule as well, however this tent will not be to market for at least a few months.

Your AO10 tent can be converted to the new system. However, this involves an entirely new fly, modification of your spider and adding pins to the body of your tent. (this must be done at Alaska Tent and Tarp) If your current fly is in good condition, we would recommend our previous style vestibule,$225, rather than replacing a perfectly good fly.

If your old fly has seen better days or you would like a new color, then price of the "New" fly/vestibule would be well worth it.

The AO10 w/integrated vestibule is a tough, functional design that we think you will love. We have one set-up in each of our stores or email us for pics.

Give me a call for questions
    Dave
    907-456-6328
    Fairbanks Store

Default AO10 w/integrated vestibile clarification

Hey everyone, I work for Alaska Tent and Tarp. I wanted to clear up alittle confusion on this thread.
    As of 2-14-2010 we have designed and "New" Artic Oven tent, The AO10 w/ integrated vestibule. This tent is an AO10 extreme tent with and fly and pole set that features a vestibule built in. The price is $325 more than the AO10 extreme. $1845 for the "New" tent standard. Colored and camo fly options are extra.

We will be working a "New" Arktika w/integrated vestibule as well, however this tent will not be to market for at least a few months.

Your AO10 tent can be converted to the new system. However, this involves an entirely new fly, modification of your spider and adding pins to the body of your tent. (this must be done at Alaska Tent and Tarp) If your current fly is in good condition, we would recommend our previous style vestibule,$225, rather than replacing a perfectly good fly.

If your old fly has seen better days or you would like a new color, then price of the "New" fly/vestibule would be well worth it.

The AO10 w/integrated vestibule is a tough, functional design that we think you will love. We have one set-up in each of our stores or email us for pics.

Give me a call for questions
    Dave
    907-456-6328
    Fairbanks Store

Thanks for posting Dave,

I stopped by the Fairbanks store and was quoted a different price. The price on the display is $1895.00, I like $1845.00 better, but you might want to check it out.

I took a photo of the price tag on the one in the store in Fairbanks.

Steve

Would like to extend a big Thank You to Alaska Tent and Tarp. Dirftak and I ordered our new AO 10s yesterday. Alaska Tent and Tarp went out of their way to accommodate us, and gave us the 10% discount. Will post some pics when I get it setup and do a few test to see what type of heating works best for me.

The price for the new AO 10 with vestibule was $1845.00 before the discount.

Was nice doing business with such a great company.

Steve