Thread: ATV Repair shop in Eagle River

Default ATV Repair shop in Eagle River

I dont remember the name of the repair shop in ER, but it is across the street from Johnson Tire Service. Has anyone had their ATV worked on there? I stopped by last week and asked them what they would charge to adjust the valves on a 1997 Yamaha 400. They said they would adjust the valves, put in a new spark plug and clean the air filter for $100.00. When I called Anch. Yamaha, they wanted $275.00 to just adjust the valves. Before I took the machine there, I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience w/ them.

Based on the location, I think you are talking about ATV Salvage. I've never used them, so I can't comment on their service.

Default ATV shops

Just because one shop charges more then another, do not think that they do not know how to work on ATV's. Some shops have 'lower' overhead and do not need to charge as much. Go in and talk with them and make up your mind on how they treat you.

Default The name of the shop is...

ATV Salvage. I do understand the overhead situation. I just wondering if anyone has used them. Seems like a good shop from what I could tell.

Default ATV Salvage

I have know the owner forever, good quality work, no worries.

My brother just had his '95 Big Bear repaired at ATV salvage (first major repair required since new). He said they diagnosed the problem and fixed it in just a few days. They also fixed up a few other tweaks (used primarily as a plow rig) for free while it was there. They know their stuff and do great work!

Owner is Todd; 696-7725, good guy.

Todd is a great guy and has been working on ATV's for forever, he is really good, very trustworthy.

I wouldn't hesitate to use ATV Salvage should my atv need some work done on it.

Todd is the guy to have your work done. Used his shop for the last twelve years.

Default Alaska ATV Salvage

Yep, Todd will treat you right. I have had work done by him a few times, good guy, good shop.

I do not know if they still do it, but they used to weld plastic. They did a great job for me repairing a Polaris fender. Thumbs up!
    Mike

Thumbs down I won't use him...

Back in the early 90's, he didn't do me any favors and I won't use him. I brought in a Big Red 250 mint condition jug cap for an inspection and cleaning (it had cooked gasket residue on it due to a blown gasket). Simple fix right? What I didn't remember was the project Big Red in the back of the shop that was needing/waiting for an excellent shape jug cap. I get my cap back 2 days later or so and it's worse than when it went in. Or so I thought. This cap is darker from previous stains and had a gouge in it. The gasket surface looked like someone just roughed it up with a wire brush and called it good. The Big Red in the back is gone. Says he just sold it after it had been apparently sitting there for a year or so. Hmmm? I'm convinced that he swapped out my good one for his *****y one. He said that it was my original because I called him on it. My leak not only continued, but was even worse after the rebuild. Nothing good to say hear.

Default I do recommend him....

I took everyones advice and took him the ATV for the valve job. He did the work+ put in a new spark plug, cleaned the air filter and even washed it and applied a lubricant to the engine. All for the same $100.00. I appreciate those who recommended him. If you did have some bad experiences w/ him, I would certainly say give him another chance. He seems to be a top notch guy.

Default Hours of Operation

Does anyone know if ATV Salvage is open reg. hours in winter? Drove by today twice and it appeared closed. Called the number and no answer, went to fax machine.

Default other atv repair

Anybody know what other repair shops are out there? I wrecked my wheeler a few weekends ago bent a few parts needs a little bit of weld work aswell. I live in palmer and am looking to not drive all the way to eagle river if i can help it.