Thread: Dirty Motors

Default Dirty Motors

I have Johnson Ocean Pros on my HewesCraft. The motors are white, the lower units have a brown yellow tint to them. What do you guys use to clean your outboards?

Oxy clean laundry detergent, left on for about 15 minutes, then rinse. Maybe it will help???

A strong heavy duty degreaser/detergent concentrate like you find at an auto part stores, Costco sells one that works great..Iíve used others. Spray it on straight, wait about 15min than pressure wash off. I use it around the boat and in the cockpit to get off the slime and scum, will turn a bloody brown cutting board white. If you donít have a pressure washer would recommend light scrubbing with brush than hose off. A coat of wax will slow down the scum build-up.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Castrol Super Clean will do it but don`t spray it on any pretty plastic.

oxalic acid or as its also know as wood bleach available at paint stores.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I have used hot soapy water with a Magic Eraser sponge. I used it to take off Yukon River tea stain and it worked. It also takes out scuffs and is not so abbrasive to take away any shine.

Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    A strong heavy duty degreaser/detergent concentrate like you find at an auto part stores, Costco sells one that works great..I’ve used others. Spray it on straight, wait about 15min than pressure wash off. I use it around the boat and in the cockpit to get off the slime and scum, will turn a bloody brown cutting board white. If you don’t have a pressure washer would recommend light scrubbing with brush than hose off. A coat of wax will slow down the scum build-up.
    Oil Eater CleanerDegreaser...this is the Costco stuff..amazing!

http://www.oileater.com/CleanerDegreaser.html

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. We didn't deal with this brown stain in the Great Lakes. I didn't know how to get it off.