Thread: Converting Glocks to different calibers

Default Converting Glocks to different calibers

I have 3 Glocks. They like to eat expensive ammo. I'd like to look at setting them up to shoot different calibers. They are:
    20/10mm
    29/10mm
    37/45gap

Have any of you converted any of these 3 models before?
    If so, what did you have to change out to be successful?
    What manufacturer did you decide to go with and why?
    What calibers are available from different manufacturers for each?
    Did you make decisions based on cost, quality, or????
    What problems did you run into and how did you solve them?

Thanks for the ideas folks,
    ARR

I'm afraid you've picked 3 models that don't have a caliber swap abiltiy (that I'm aware of anyway).

The "swapable" calibers are either direction between .40S&W and .357Sig with a simple barrel change. And then you can swap some of the .40S&W down to 9mm by changing barrels and magazines.

Glocks are not as easy to change calibers on as the rumors claim beyond these couple examples.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Hi joat!

I did not want to lead people, but for instance the Lone Wolf site shows 3 caliber options for both the 20 and 29. They have the .357sig, .40sw, and the 9x25. All 3 indicate that they are used in conjunction with the 10mm magazine. I do not see any indication that a spring or other changes need be made.
    I know there are more than one barrel maker out there. I thought before I re-invented something that goes round and round I'd tag you smart guys for answers.
    The other thing for me is that just because somebody built a widgit does not mean it works. Thought maybe I won't have to slam my finger in the door to find out if it hurts, so to speak if you guys have "been there done that".

I have a glock 20 (10mm) which i have two .40 S&W conversion barrels. I have not noticed any difference between the accuracy of the two, but the lonewolf barrel where the slide runs over it seems to be wearing down quite a bit faster than the kkm barrel. It is a simple barrel swap, I have not changed any springs or magazines and many thousand rounds later I have not had any problems. The way the glock slide grabs the rounds from the magazine makes the shorter cartridge work just find with the 10mm mag.
    On a side note I have also noticed the same wear pattern on my lonewolf 10mm barrel. I have taken to using my kkm's and decided to leave the wolves as a back up.
    I couldn't justify the .357 sig due to price of ammo, and additional reloading dies.

One more thing. The customer service with lonewolf was not even close to the guy who helped walk me through my first order at kkm. I had threading questions and caliber questions like you.

Happy cheaper shooting...

I hadn't looked at Lone Wolf for awhile, so I wasn't aware they were doing the 10 to 40 swap. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are offering it. Technically the only difference should be the barrel with the shorter 40 chamber. I wouldn't think you'd see any feeding issues with the 10 mags.

Glocks don't really care about recoil springs. Heck they will keep running for thousands of rounds with a broken spring inside.

To comment on the barrel wear pattern... that is completely normal wear for a Glock. Won't make any difference at all for the first couple hundred thousand rounds fired.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!