Thread: Matched Moose sheds

Default Matched Moose sheds

Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to mount these? I have mounted 5-6 sets of moose and caribous horns on plaques but never any sheds. Any thoughts? Thanks. Brian

Shed Connections is what I use when I do sheds for people or for shipping to the lower 48 for shoulder mounts runs about $70 click on novelty

http://www.taxidermy.com/

Default Moose sheds.

You could drill into each shed, cut a peice of 1/2 inch rebar or threaded rod. Epoxy this into the hole you drilled. Use conduit clamps and epoxy to clamp the the rebar to a hardwood base. Use bondo to get the shape you want and cover the leather. This is the moose I killed this year.

Default Thanks Roger

I am going to try those shed connections. I guess the ones for elk will work. Brian

Smile Not to change the subject

and no disrespect to your moose . But that is a rather interesting and unique piece of lumber you have there. Classy job on the workmanship, me likes !

Default Buckeye Burl

It is a Buckeye Burl, I bought it here in Fairbanks at Superior Hardwoods, I sanded it down and poured bartop epoxy on it. I knew that I would have those antlers hanging in my house for many years and figured it would be nice if the wife liked it too. Found my Barnes X bullet under the skin and drilled a hole in the wood and put the bullet in it above the brass plate.

Happy New Year

Steve