Thread: AK Federation of Flyfishers meeting

Default AK Federation of Flyfishers meeting

Hey all,

I am a guest speaker for the club tonight and I will be talking about Fishing Big Rivers of Bristol Bay. Breaking down the river and equipment. If you have a moment stop by the Millinium Hotel around 7 tonight and say hi.

George

Default This sounds awesome.

Man I wish I could attend. I have determined I am alergic to a right hook. I was at a woodturning symoposium all weekend. I thinks thats what I would recieve if approached the Signifigant Other on this......lol Maybe I will try to convince her that I only want to attend for her benifit? I have a few hours to work on this.

Wish I could but I'm in Juneau
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Oh I C how you R

Staying below Cantwell eh George!

No one ever plans these events in Fairbanks in the middle of winter! What Gives! -40 is not that bad it's a dry cold!

Ok Just kidding congrats on the speaking gig G. Wish you the very best of luck with your brief.

Need to be a name dropper when you get the VIP list :-)

Well I was excited to get a chance to talk fishing and about my area. Had notes and thought I had a good layout and presentation. The introduction was great and Mark Huber worked hard to make me look good. I started out great with a short BIO then they turned down the lights and I had relied too much on the notes I couldn't see. Felt like I was having an out of body expierence watching me slowly sink in quicksand. After a short stuggle with trying to remember the points I wanted to make some questions asked and I was pulled from the mire.

The crowd was gracious and I think it finished well, no tomatoes or other such rotten fruit. Big thanks for the oportunity to present to Alaska Fly Fisher's Association. I was informed that it is not AK fed of flyfishers, sorry about that folks.

This is a great association and do some great things for our awesome sport and would like to encourage other to join and lend support.

George

Highpockets,
    If you made it great and sorry I didn't have a chance to say hi. Keep the home frontlines smooth always. Looking forward to meeting you at the rodbuilding meeting.

Blue Moosie,
    Staying south is right, I would love the oportunity to come up and share with the Midnight Sun club or other entity as well, you got any input there? I have presented there many years ago and have a place to stay so can make it happen fi we can.

George

Default :-) Glad it turned out well

I will get with the Mid Night Sun guys and Bill B. and see what can be done about getting in the mix. I am sure they would love to have a presentation. Give me a couple of days and beware.

:-)