Thread: Tanacom Bull 1000 electric reel

Default Tanacom Bull 1000 electric reel

Anyone have one? Likes dislikes? Can it pull up 5-6 pounds of lead from 600 feet? What is your 12 volt power source?
    Tennessee

My wife has the Seaborg 500 also from Diawa. She loves hers. Plenty of power to handle fish and makes a bait check an effortless thing. Great reel for fisherman whom has a medical condition or limitation.

Do you have a separate battery for it? This would be for my wife as well as she simply can't handle winching up 4-5 pounds on a regular basis.

Does the Seaborg 500 has the power to pull up 5 pounds of lead?
    Tennessee

I have 5 tanacom bull reels. They can pull a 50 pound halibut straight up from 800 feet and never slow down. Mine have a seperate battery that can be charged using 110V.

I even dropped them down 2500 feet in the PWS and caught all kinds of weird stuff

Default Electric reels

I bought 2 ( Daiwa Seaborg Megatwin 750MT Electric Reel ) last year at the Sportsmans show, and extra batteries from the hardware store in Soldotna (on Clearance 1/2 off). I brought up too many to count 50# plus and a couple of 100# and the largest was over 200# with no problems. I like the 2 speed function because the bait checks are easy and fast, 5#'s are no problem even in a fast tide. I will be looking to get a couple more at the show.

PM me if you want to know who I bought them from.

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Do you have a separate battery for it? This would be for my wife as well as she simply can't handle winching up 4-5 pounds on a regular basis.

Does the Seaborg 500 has the power to pull up 5 pounds of lead?

Snowwolfe

I didn't buy the battery. It comes with a 6 foot cord (I think its 6 foot) and I just asked the wife were she wanted to fish. She claimed the Starboard Rear. I hooked up a scotty power plug right there and she just plugs in. She can go to the other side of the boat if she had too, but has never so far. I chose to not get the battery because its too costly and IMO, to flimsy. One hard knock and you just broke it off. The Scotty plug also doubles for power for my ACE pot puller. She can rip a 20 pound halibut off the bottom so fast it probably is thinking its on its way to Heaven. She does take her time with it cause she loves the fight but she doesn't complain for bait checks. No problem for your 5 pound cannon ball. You can also use it manually if something happens. I personally don't care to fish with it, I like my AVETs but someone who is limited for what ever reason, it keeps them fishing and happy and is priceless IMO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks,
    Some of the guys I talked to went to Wal Mart and just purchased a cheap motorcycle 12 volt battery and they connect to it and recharge the battery between trips. But I am not certain how long the battery would last during one days fishing. Some of the guys on the Hulltruth bought the Diawa battery pack but they all said it was a waste of money.

Guess I could run a harness off one of the starting/house batteries but just a little paranoid about draining it down to much.
    Tennessee

I wouldn't think it would train your boat battery at all. It can't draw all that much power between engine starts. If you get a motorcycle battery, I would mount it some how so it doesn't tip over or get a dry cell battery for piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Thanks,
    Some of the guys I talked to went to Wal Mart and just purchased a cheap motorcycle 12 volt battery and they connect to it and recharge the battery between trips. But I am not certain how long the battery would last during one days fishing. Some of the guys on the Hulltruth bought the Diawa battery pack but they all said it was a waste of money.

Guess I could run a harness off one of the starting/house batteries but just a little paranoid about draining it down to much.

Moose (or anybody else), was the 750 worth it or do you think a 500MT or 500 Fe would be a better value?
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Default Full tide

We have two T. Bulls and use older deep cycle batteries. They fish for a whole day, no problem, and up from over 2000 feet, pulling halibut and bait checks. Sometimes the clips fall off the batteries, and I think it resets the feet when that happens. My wife loves them anyway, and so do my kids. My 8 year old can pull up a 50 pound halibut and that's nice. Halibut fishing is so much faster with them too. You are up to the top, then back to the bottom really fast.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Electric rels

I have tried both and the both work very good, i just perfered the 750 because of the two speed. If it is just a bait check it hauls *****. I am normally baited and fishing again by the time everyone else is just getting their gear up to check and re-bait.

I have had a shoulder injury so I start with regular gear until I can not reel anymore.

Thanks
    Moose

Default Where to buy

Any suggestions on where to buy an electric reel? Local or online, where did everyone get theirs at? Thanks

Default electric reel

How well do the Diawa 1000 electric reels jig? How much noisey are they? I used Miya Epoch 700 series and 800 series for years but only use them now for people with handy caps. None of my reels have the jiging function but they are great for power. Some of my reels are 20 plus years old and going strong. Just wondering have been thinking of getting a couple of new reels to use on bad weather days. The best prices that I have found for new Diawa electric reels are on EBAY. Fareastfishing has them listed in his store at $625 for the 750 and $696 for the 1000 with free shipping. I have purchased from this guy before and have not had any problems.

Has anyone tried fish winch? google it $300.oo with free shipping and adaptors for many reels and a good warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Any suggestions on where to buy an electric reel? Local or online, where did everyone get theirs at? Thanks

If you can, wait on the Sportmans Show in Mid April. Saved about 40 bucks. I got my wifes there last year. B&J's sells them along with MountainView Sports.

Default Electric reels

I got mine at the sportsmans show last year. I went back forth between mountian veiw sports and b&j's, what made my choice was thzt mountian veiw gave me my military discount on their sale price. I will be looking at getting a couple more at the show.

Later
    Moose

Picked up the 750 today at B and J's, can't wait to try it out. Got Tom's personel guarentee that it wasn't going on sale at the show, we'll see. Picked up an Interline rod and 500+ yards of line and they did cut me a little break on that. I think I'm just going to put a scotty downrigger plug on it and use my existing Pot puller plug for power.