Thread: Hunting around Fairbanks.

Default Hunting around Fairbanks.

Hey guys I will be going to Fairbanks this Wednesday to pick up my new bow and was wondering how the Rabbit-Bird hunting has been around there this year, not sure if it is worth gettin out and walking around somewhere or not....Have never really hunted around Fairbanks at all so have no clue about the number's.....Thanks in advance for any info.

Really no-one has a clue? I thought there was more people from Fairbanks on here....Im not even asking for a spot, Where I live I don't see a hunter all winter long......just wondering about success being had or not..

I'm in Fairbanks. If you're military, you can hunt on post around Birtch Hill with shotgun (small game) and bow (moose) only. You can also hunt on the reservation out in the Flats. Me and a buddy spent 3 cold, rainy days out there last year, but didn't see any moose.
    Grab an Alaska Department of Fish & Game book from Sportsman's Warehouse, or Wallmart for free, and read up on what you want to hunt/where you'd like to hunt. Pretty much everything around Fairbanks is area 20. High limits on small game most of the year.
    I haven't had much luck around here, but I've read of people finding stuff. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Muzzy carry your gear along.. there are great places to stop and peak at along the drive from Tok to fbks....

sorry for the delay just got home from Anch and Seward
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Muzzy carry your gear along.. there are great places to stop and peak at along the drive from Tok to fbks....

sorry for the delay just got home from Anch and Seward

Ok cool Thanks....Hopefully I have some pics to post when I get back!!

Quote Originally Posted by airborne82p View Post
    I'm in Fairbanks. If you're military, you can hunt on post around Birtch Hill with shotgun (small game) and bow (moose) only. You can also hunt on the reservation out in the Flats. Me and a buddy spent 3 cold, rainy days out there last year, but didn't see any moose.
    Grab an Alaska Department of Fish & Game book from Sportsman's Warehouse, or Wallmart for free, and read up on what you want to hunt/where you'd like to hunt. Pretty much everything around Fairbanks is area 20. High limits on small game most of the year.
    I haven't had much luck around here, but I've read of people finding stuff. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Thanks for the info, I'm not military but I'll find somewhere to hunt im sure ...Thanks again