Thread: Poaching

Default Poaching

Hello,

I was reading one of my local newspapers online and saw a write-up about one of the locals here poaching all kinds of Alaska Big Game. Has anyone of you guys in Alaska seen this on your local news or in the paper?http://www.chinookobserver.info/

Default Don't think so

But for 28 dollars to register I won't read it now either. Maybe there is a link in another paper? the Daily Astorian maybe?

twodux,

Sorry if I mislead you, I know it's expensive to register. I was just curious if this news made it's way to Alaska or has it been covered up here locally.

Hello all,

The information I have is that two guys from Washington who are no residents of Alaska, went there and shot a Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou, 2 Dall Sheep and they also found a Bighorn Sheep. I guess there was a bunch of WDF&W guys and about 4 game wardens from Alaska.

Default Big Horn

Did the article say where they think the BH was shot?
    It's the journey, not the destination.

Default Guiding without a License

The BH was taken near Chelan. There was also a press release in the Tacoma area stating that the same game wardens from Alaska seized a bunch of stuff from a guy in the Tacoma area for Guiding without a license and for Bear Baiting violations. Therer was about a 1/2 dozen search warrants served here in Washington

Thanks Mortarman. There was a bighorn poached up here in November, but the person(s) responsible have not been caught as far as I know.

http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hun...ead.php?t=9852
    It's the journey, not the destination.