Thread: Ice Fishing Updates

Default Ice Fishing Updates

Just wondering how everyone's ice fishing has been going. I have been workin on my ice house and am just about done with it. In the mean time I have been fishing a couple times on the open ice at Chena Lakes. No big success stories, but a blast either way.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Service Member.

Thumbs up Sand Lake Fishing

I fished sand lake this afternoon and did real well catching char. Caught 15-20 in about two hours fishing. Most were 10-14 inches and a couple beauties between 16-18 inches(real fat). Let them all go to fight another day. Another guy caught his limit of char within a half hour. Good luck, I guess the fish bite when it is blizzarding out.

Default Hmmm

I went to sand lake yesterday and didnt have alot of success. We caught 5 char all day 10-12" and one pike about 18". That was between three of us with three poles and three tipups.... Guess the barometer must not have been cooperating! The flasher was showing them around and they would follow the bait as we raised and jigged it, but they just werent very cooperative.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page