Thread: Black bear guide recommendation

Default Black bear guide recommendation

Iv'e hunted blacks on mainland BC and Vancouver Island and would now like to try the POW Island area. Can anyone recommend a good guide for a boat based hunt in the area please? Will most likely be going solo and therefore have ruled out a self-guided hunt.

Am considering Keegan McCarthy from Oceanpoint and Brad Dennison from Alaska Coastal. Anyone have experiences with either ofthese two? Thanks.

Ketchikan, AK

I don't know either of those two, but I could recommend Sam Dalin of Ketchikan. Check him out at . Tell him Dean sent you.

Another excellent guide would be Johhnie Laird of Muskeg Excursions @ You can find him on this Outdoor Supersite under the name Muskeg.

Ketchikan, Alaska

Default Good choice

I'd go with Johnnie at Muskeg personally. Nothing against any of the other guys it just seems like Muskeg excursions would give you a nice authentic SE Ak experience. He knows how to find the bears too.

Good luck on your hunt.

Hidden Falls, Baranof Island

Default Alaska Glacier Adventures

Kurt Whitehead of Alaska Glacier Adventures kills some monsters down there. He is a great guy, runs a great operation and will work really hard for you.