Thread: Outfitter wanted for Moose Hunt

Default Outfitter wanted for Moose Hunt

Hello I am looking for an outfitter who can provide a drop camp and needed gear for a moose hunt this fall for 4-6 people.

Howard
    hunter7057@gmail.com

I guess that could be enough info if hunting R.I.

Don't think I need to provide you with any information, not interested in doing business with rude or sarcastic people I have never met.

I think what he is trying to say albeit in a sarcastic way is you might want to be more specific on what you want. Maybe and idea of where in the state and if you want to do say a float trip or just be dropped in one spot. Either way this is definately where you want to come to get info. If you haven't already tried maybe do a search of the forum as this type of question is asked every season. Some people on this forum just get a little snooty when people ask simple questions and are new to the state. I am sure it wasn't meant to discourage its just there is more info you may want to give. So good luck and hope you can make it this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
    Don't think I need to provide you with any information, not interested in doing business with rude or sarcastic people I have never met.
    With all due respect, Howard, you're going to get a lot more/better quality info here if you do provide that info to the previous poster and to all of us. Will's point is that Alaska is absolutely huge. There are many businesses that can help you out, but you need to narrow your focus a bit. What area of the state are you hoping to hunt in? What is your priority - trophy quality, #s of moose, ability to fish or hunt other species, etc? What is your ballpark price range? All of these questions are vital to folks on here providing you with decent information. Though Will's reply was a little off the cuff, his point was actually a helpful one.

Welcome aboard, by the way.

Thumbs up Bay Air

Bay Air, owner by Tom & Janet Schlagel fly a Beaver out of Dillingham AK.
    Airport pickup and dropoff, complete rental gear service, on site Whether Port to store your previously mailed gear, area to butcher meat, B&B next door for overnight...long safe flying record. Great one-place-does-it-all customer service. High success percentage for their drop-off hunters,

"...tell em Dennis-Alaska True Adventure, sent ya."

Welcome to the forum. We are here for you!!!

Dennis

Smile look here

.... after you get a rough idea of where you want to hunt, and/or what type of weather. Some areas are pretty wet, some are colder than others, etc. LOTS of variety up here. Good luck, and if you score, PM me with the GPS coordinates of where the gut pile is, OK?

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/directory/huntgide.htm

You may also want to consider contacting a hunt planner. Michael Strahan, who also runs this site, owns a hunt planning service by the name of Lost Creek Company. He's very good at what he does, and I've never heard anything but positive comments from his clients. It's a bit of money up front, but having a good plan with proper knowledge will pay great dividends once in the field.

Hello everyone, thanks for the welcome. I have no reservations at all about providing any and all information. Guess I just assumed that any outfitters interested would contact me via my posted email to see if what they provided was of interest to me.

I have hunted and fished AK several times and spent time in the state. I know its huge and I know the terrain, type of hunting, expected weather etc varies greatly.

We are capable of doing a do it yourself hunt, in fact have done so more then once. I simply want to explore the option of hiring an outfitter to provide the camp and all the equipment that is such a pain to put together if you are out of state. All the other times I hunted AK I had friends or family with whom were residents of AK and had the gear ready to hand.

Alternately its load the truck, hookup the jet boat and drive up for a do it all on your own hunt. If that is the case for right now we are thinking the Copper River area around Chitina.

All advice and input welcome.

Default +1

For Mike Strahan, I know that he is a very busy man and in high demand. I would suggest that you contact him. A very thorough man!