Thread: gun safes

Default gun safes

I am in the market for a new gun safe, something in the 12 to 26 gun range, and the only place that i have seen them is at the sportsmans warehouse, and they only had 4 or 5 models, most of them were brownings, and with a typical browning price tag. Any suggestions on where to find a good safe for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Boondockers in ER. I havent been there in a while but I bought my safe from them and it was a very good price.

Default gun safes

I am not sure where you are but you might try Neils lock and Safe in Wasilla. We got one from them many years ago, the prices was not bad and they deleivered it.
    If you are like us, be sure to get one not only large enough for all of your firearms but important papers and 'stuff'.
    Good luck

If neils delivers, I'd look there first. I'm sick and tired of moving mine. When I sell this house I'm in now, the safe is staying. I'll buy another.

Boondocks' always has some outstanding sale prices at the Sportman's Show in April which will save you at least several hundred dollars and yes they also deliver. They sell Canon Safes.

Default Safes

Both Costco and Sams have safes. They're not the hi-gloss like the browning's and such but are good quality safes. At least they did have, it's been awhile since I've been there.

I got one of the Yukon Gold safes from Sportsmans Wharehouse. Its made by the same people that make the Browning safes, without all the fancy paint. It cost almost half of a comparable Browning labled safe.
    I winched it into the house with my 4 wheeler!

If you can wait, there's a couple of places, including Boondocks and Action Security, that have big displays at the "Great Alaska Sportman's Show" in Anchorage. Its usually in the beginning of April. The prices are lower and sometimes you get a better deal on Sunday night so they don't have to haul it back to the store.

Thumbs up Neil's

I bought one from them when I moved up here. Brought it straight from the dock to my garage. Great price and service at the time - haven't done any comparison shopping since then.

Default safes

thanks for all the replies, i think i might wait until the sportsmans show in march, it sounds like it might be the best deal.

Great Alaska Sportman's Show is usually 1st week in April.

According to its web site, it will be 28, 29, 30 Mar, 1 April 2007.