Thread: Waterproof camcorder

Default Waterproof camcorder

Any suggestions on an HD waterproof camcorder? I'm not looking for the next 10k one, jsut something around $500.

Default not sure

I haven't looked around recently, but to the best of my knowledge there isn't a good HD waterproof cam made. I could be wrong, but the option has been to get a waterproof case for camcorders.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default Features?

What do you want it to do?

The GoPro HD is pretty nice, but it's fixed focus. Waterproof... HD. Wide Angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post
    What do you want it to do?

The GoPro HD is pretty nice, but it's fixed focus. Waterproof... HD. Wide Angle.
    Is this what you used for your snowboarding videos? If so I have a couple questions or three for you.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default Sanyo...

http://us.sanyo.com/Digital-Camcorders. They do have HD waterproof models, but I have no information about those.

Not sure what resoultion,etc you need, but we used the waterproof, non-HD and not very expensive VPC-E2BL on a float trip - no complaints.

Good luck.

Dang you leech. You had to show me that stuff huh?? Well now I just had to purchase that flashy 30X zoom yellow HD Sanyo cam. Gonna use it as an excuse to not haul my mini spotter on my summer backpacking/packrafting trips. Just record in HD at 30X optical or up to 1500X digital and review the footage at home on the big screen with zoom and all.

$320 bucks was too good of a deal to pass up on that bugger. I know its not on par with REAL HD cameras, but I'll never be on par with those that actually use the real HD cameras.

Default Son...

Quote Originally Posted by Alasken View Post
    Is this what you used for your snowboarding videos? If so I have a couple questions or three for you.
    Yes. To clarify, this is my son's cam and his snowboarding. But I have high hopes of 'borrowing' it during hunting season. ;-)

Already have a rig for his bow in works. Plans for a rifle mount.
    Then there's the plans for fishing - I think August at the Russian, with all the red, reds... oh boy.

Fire the questions away!

Default Waterproof is pretty cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Dang you leech. You had to show me that stuff huh?? Well now I just had to purchase that flashy 30X zoom yellow HD Sanyo cam. Gonna use it as an excuse to not haul my mini spotter on my summer backpacking/packrafting trips. Just record in HD at 30X optical or up to 1500X digital and review the footage at home on the big screen with zoom and all.
    Sharp looking camera - and features. Be interested in seeing some samples . It's been fun having a camcorder I'm not afraid to lower to water level for shots on raft trips. The waterproof feature of the still camera I've been using for years now is priceless; one less factor to think about.