Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are "YOU" entitled too.......????

Default What are "YOU" entitled too.......????

What are "YOU" entitled too........from the stand point of Hunting in Alaska. No....NOT your Soapbox Crap story about so & So is entitled to more than you, nothing about how you are being cheated. Very simple Question......."YOU"...What are You entitled to as far as hunting in Alaska this year 2010. Don't twist it into your crusade/agenda story of persecution. From the stand point of "YOUR" hunting rights, What are you entitled too......?????

I'm entitled to it all! You can't have it!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

not entitled to hunt, but am given the opportunity each and every year

life, liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness

entitled - qualified for by right according to law; "we are all entitled to equal protection under the law"

eligible - qualified for or allowed or worthy of being chosen; "eligible to run for office"; "eligible for retirement benefits"; "an eligible bachelor"

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Nothing!

I honestly don't think I'm entitled to anything. I have the financial means to buy all the food my family needs, so I have no claim to any game for purposes of keeping food on the table. I feel it's a previledge to hunt, and I enjoy it more than just about any other activity. I think it's important to teach my kids the value of nature, so I am grateful that I am afforded that opportunity.

Someone who lives in the bush and must hunt to survive - that person has a much more viable claim to the animal than I do.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

What's the backstory on this thread? Must have been triggered by something?

I am entitled to survival. The "grocery store" mentality has permeated our society to where people think that the government owns it all and we only get what they feel the need to share. That's also how the kings of Europe treated the peasants.

I am entitled to take what the land I live on provides in order to ensure my survival. The government restricts that to the point where it is very difficult for anyone to survive on their own accord. We all rely on a national food distribution system because of it. I think that is wrong.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default perfect world

In Andrews perfect world, we would be entitled in this way:

Anyone who is financially disadvantaged in this state would be allowed to get enough meat to feed their family. (maybe 2 moose a year, something reasonable). Perhaps a little subsistence reform.

For everyone else, the opportunity to hunt every year (meat or trophy animals).

For any species of predator that has higher birth rates (especially he bears which are omnivorous, and are pretty much never lacking in food supply)
    than moose and caribou, people would stop just short of killing them for fun.

Default opportunity to work

All I hope for is the opportunity to work for what I need. Don't tell me to sit aside and collect a check from someone elses extra, just give the opening to work, which is what Alaska as Land of Opportunity is all about, work abounds...

and I feel it is my responsibility to get the tools together and make the access to that opportunity happen enough to go out and do what it takes to take care of my family.

Nothing at all but that said I allowed to harvest just about anything I want

I'm entitled to buy a license and go out and do my best

Default has it right

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    I'm entitled to buy a license and go out and do my best

I think that Erik states it as about as simple as you can and I have to agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    I honestly don't think I'm entitled to anything. I have the financial means to buy all the food my family needs, so I have no claim to any game for purposes of keeping food on the table..
    So if I was lazy and didn't hold a job I would be entitled to the fish & game since my financial means would be limited? Since I no longer have a job I should probably be entitled to have someone give me a boat and fuel to operate it as well so I can get the moose I would then be entitled to? I respectively disagree with your way of thinking on this one - Putting healthy food on my families table is one of my top priorities in life and I happen to do that by hunting and fishing as well as working. When we moved from rural Alaska to the urban areas our need to eat didn't change. Our desire to eat healthy and provide from the available resources didn't change either.

We should all be entitled to equal access to the available resources - the key word being equal.

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    So if I was lazy and didn't hold a job I would be entitled to the fish & game since my financial means would be limited? Since I no longer have a job I should probably be entitled to have someone give me a boat and fuel to operate it as well so I can get the moose I would then be entitled to? I respectively disagree with your way of thinking on this one - Putting healthy food on my families table is one of my top priorities in life and I happen to do that by hunting and fishing as well as working. When we moved from rural Alaska to the urban areas our need to eat didn't change. Our desire to eat healthy and provide from the available resources didn't change either.

We should all be entitled to equal access to the available resources - the key word being equal.
    You mis-read my intent with that statement. Lazy people don't very often have the gumption to go out and hunt anyway. For some people, subsistence lifestyle is a choice. I think you'd find that they are among the LEAST lazy people on earth. Their chosen lifestyle means they literally have to hunt to survive. That is the people I was referring to - and the type of people who qualify for subsistence hunting and fishing. I am for subsistence in Alaska for that purpose. I did not indicate anywhere in my post that people who can afford to buy their food should not be allowed to hunt. I can afford it, and I am grateful that I still have the ability to get out and hunt. If I can bag a moose or other large game animal, so much the better. I won't have to buy meat for a long time, and I'll have a little extra money to buy more gear for hunting.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

The Question is What are YOU entitled to.......? Reference Hunting in Alaska. Very simple question.....What are you entitled to.

Not if you were King how would it be. Not your vision of how you would like it to be. JUST: What are you entitled to, reference hunting in the state of Alaska......?

Im entitled to nothing.

I get what I work for........

....gathering wood to heat, hunting meat and fishing to eat , a boat I built or a Ride I bought, making arts/crafts to sell to pay the bills.....maby a second wife~~LOL!!~~lots of long hours and blood sweat n tears the whole way....

Im a jobless ,lazy, no good, subsitance hunting bum, with too much work to do every day of the year, so Im as healthy as a 16 year old and tired when the day is done......maby I should get a job
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Im entitled to nothing.

I get what I work for........

....gathering wood to heat, hunting meat and fishing to eat , a boat I built or a Ride I bought, making arts/crafts to sell to pay the bills.....maby a second wife~~LOL!!~~lots of long hours and blood sweat n tears the whole way....

Im a jobless ,lazy, no good, subsitance hunting bum, with too much work to do every day of the year, so Im as healthy as a 16 year old and tired when the day is done......maby I should get a job
    I want to be like Stranger!

Default its good to be king

we should be entitiled to whatever are needs are in the pursuit of happiness, and only a person with a dictators fatcrat mentality would envision "something else for everybody else"

I sense this thread is the result of somebody getting PO at another thread.

But your not entitled to anything except what you work for.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Entitled too!

Everyone here is entitled to breath. After that begins you need a birth certificate, a SS#, a school ID, a vaccinnation card, then you can get a drivers license or state ID then and only then can you have a hunting license which you need to pay for by what ever means suits you.
    I propose a drawing permit system for air. To many folks think they are entitled to it, They all want to come to Alaska and breath my fresh air. So everybody hold their breath while the details are worked out.

I am not entitled to anything as far as hunting in Alaska. I am priveldged to be able to hunt this great state year after year. Only thing I am entitled to when it comes to hunting is owning and carrying my rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by sledhands View Post
    ...then you can get a drivers license or state ID then and only then can you have a hunting license which you need to pay for ...
    Actually there is no requirement to have a driver's license or state ID card to get a hunting license.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast