Thread: 7mm mag

Default 7mm mag

I recently read an article in an old gun rag titled "Three Kings" in reference to the 270, 30-06 and 7mm mag.

Is the 7mm mag even in the same league with the other two as far the number of people that use them? My brother bartered me into one a couple of years ago and I thought I'd never get rid of it! Are they popular in Alaska?

It's a love hate thing. You either love them or hate them. Some claim that the bullets bounce off game and it's no flatter than an 06.

I happen to love the round, shooting it continuously since 1964, which I think was two years after it was introduced. The detractors can say what they want and shoot what they want, but I'm secure in my happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    It's a love hate thing. You either love them or hate them. Some claim that the bullets bounce off game and it's no flatter than an 06.

I happen to love the round, shooting it continuously since 1964, which I think was two years after it was introduced. The detractors can say what they want and shoot what they want, but I'm secure in my happiness.
    Congrats BrownBear you are the winner! When my brother horse traded me into that 7mm mag he also threw in about a hundred rounds of the factory blue/silver box Federal 150 grainers. I started this thread because I was really just fishing for a good home for this ammo! The first person that was on the love end of that love/ hate relationship was gettin it. It's yours.... just PM me and we'll make arrangements to get it to you!

Bless you for your conniving ways! I'll sure take them if you don't have anyone closer. PM being sent as soon as I close this.

Congratulations Brown Bear, what a deal...

No kidding! There's some real nice folks hanging around here.

This is why the hunting/shooting/fishing community is so great. Nice thing to do!

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

that was a pretty cool thing to do, I wish more people in the world were like that.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Well done EKC, well done. Your character shines through your words.

Thumbs up

I remember reading about a fellow (can't remember the name right now) that shot a 7MM, he had harvested over 2000 animals in his life time. You name it and he had gotten one or more, or lots more, from every continent. He did it all with one gun (7MM of course) , one individual gun.

I love mine, you can drive tacks with it all day (although my most favorite rifle is my .54 TC renegade)

Just my $.02