Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Lapua Stuff

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default Lapua Stuff

    We are now the Lapua Master dealer for Alaska, whichj means beyond their super high quality ammo, I can get powder and components.

    If any of you are interested in getting some of their stuff, send me an email

  2. #2

    Default

    Will you be stocking brass, bullets, and powder? I use the .220 Russian and 6BR. Problem is you sell some to somebody and they don't need more forever cause the stuff is quality and lasts, especially in a match chamber.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

  3. #3
    Member Float Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kachemak Bay Alaska
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Same question here on brass. I use Lapua 6.5x55 brass, but only have 200 rounds which I have reloaded and shot about 8 times now.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Will you be stocking brass, bullets, and powder? I use the .220 Russian and 6BR. Problem is you sell some to somebody and they don't need more forever cause the stuff is quality and lasts, especially in a match chamber.

    Powder: I am going to do it by special order, 100 pounds at a time. I estimate a savings of $5 a pound or more over what is charged in town. I will collect names, amounts and deposits where applicable, just stop by or send me an email as I would like to do an order March1st. I will probably stock limited amounts of 560 though, and will try to do quarterly orders

    Components. I will be able to beat Midway pricing even after freight. I use Lapua stuff myself so I know how long it lasts and I have accumulated enough to last me the rest of my life So I am putting out the call to see who wants what, send me an email and I will shoot you pricing. When I buy brass by the way I do it in lots of 500

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    I paid $34.20 per pound at Sportsman recently (after the 5% military discount) for V133 last month but can always use a few more pounds of V133 and V135. Put me down for a couple pounds of each as long as your prices are like you said, "at least $5 less than anyone elses".
    Cheers.
    Tennessee

  6. #6
    Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Palmer,Alaska
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    With the new 8208 powder you sure don't want any of that V-crap. Lapua for brass if it's a good deal, but no thanks on there bullets. To many great after market swagers here in the USA. That still means the best bullets in the world come from the U.S.A. Proof of this for decades now in all international competition.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    With the new 8208 powder you sure don't want any of that V-crap. Lapua for brass if it's a good deal, but no thanks on there bullets. To many great after market swagers here in the USA. That still means the best bullets in the world come from the U.S.A. Proof of this for decades now in all international competition.
    LOL. That must be why 90% of short range BR shooters use V-crap, they're not interested in winning :-) I'm all for buying American made, but calling it "V-crap" is like saying a Mercedez is poor engineering. I'm sure you were joking? There are so many high quality bullets out there now it's just a matter of personal or rifle preference, and if there was any Amercian made brass that neared the quality of Lapua, I'd be using it (actually I do use a lot of American brass, just not in cartidges that Lapua is available). Never tried the V-crap in any large calibers, but I hear it performs very well.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

  8. #8
    Member AKsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Thanks for the heads-up. I've got a friend in my unit who is buying a .338 Lapua. I'll let him know ya'll have components for him.

    The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

    Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    I paid $34.20 per pound at Sportsman recently (after the 5% military discount) for V133 last month but can always use a few more pounds of V133 and V135. Put me down for a couple pounds of each as long as your prices are like you said, "at least $5 less than anyone elses".
    Cheers.

    Considering MSRP is $32.65 you did good. Unfortunately, on the pistol powders looks like it will be $29.99 which is only a $4.21 difference, sorry I couldnt help

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've got a friend in my unit who is buying a .338 Lapua. I'll let him know ya'll have components for him.

    And loaded ammo too.

    We stock custom, Hornady and Lapus ammo.

    And dont let him buy a .338 Lapua till he talks to us, with the selection we have )Blaser, Desert tactical, Barret, Remington) and can get, plus his out of country thank you discount (two of our girls have husbands over there), he may wish to stop by.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Considering MSRP is $32.65 you did good. Unfortunately, on the pistol powders looks like it will be $29.99 which is only a $4.21 difference, sorry I couldnt help
    If you are selling it for $29.99 a pound put me down for 2 pounds of V 133 and two of V 135.
    Appreciate if you post here or drop me a pm when it comes in.
    Tennessee

  12. #12
    Member Float Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kachemak Bay Alaska
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    I need 200 pieces of 6.5x55mm Swede Mauser brass. The Lapua stuff is actually the correct size, where the US made stuff is not the correct dimensions.

    Do you guys have any 350 Remington Mag brass in your shop?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

  13. #13
    Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Palmer,Alaska
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    LOL. That must be why 90% of short range BR shooters use V-crap, they're not interested in winning :-) I'm all for buying American made, but calling it "V-crap" is like saying a Mercedez is poor engineering. I'm sure you were joking? There are so many high quality bullets out there now it's just a matter of personal or rifle preference, and if there was any Amercian made brass that neared the quality of Lapua, I'd be using it (actually I do use a lot of American brass, just not in cartidges that Lapua is available). Never tried the V-crap in any large calibers, but I hear it performs very well.


    I'm afraid you have not been keeping up with current Bench rest for powders. imr 8208 xbr is a new American made powder that has been taking the BR game by storm.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    I need 200 pieces of 6.5x55mm Swede Mauser brass. The Lapua stuff is actually the correct size, where the US made stuff is not the correct dimensions.

    Do you guys have any 350 Remington Mag brass in your shop?
    No 350. I am gonna open up orders for the brass and powder shortly, look in the gunsmithing section next week for instructions

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm afraid you have not been keeping up with current Bench rest for powders. imr 8208 xbr is a new American made powder that has been taking the BR game by storm.
    Let's see. 10 of the top 10 in the NBRSA 2009 Nationals Light Varmint used N133, and 14 of the top 20. 4 of the top 20 used 8208. Neither one of us knows which is better, if you can determine with is "better", cause I sold my BR rifle when I moved back up here, and I'm sure you're not competing in BR in Eagle River:-) I'm not touting either, but it's silly to say it's "crap". I have no need to try anything but N135 in my 6BR cause it shoots better than I can shoot it.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

  16. #16
    Member AKsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    And loaded ammo too.

    We stock custom, Hornady and Lapus ammo.

    And dont let him buy a .338 Lapua till he talks to us, with the selection we have )Blaser, Desert tactical, Barret, Remington) and can get, plus his out of country thank you discount (two of our girls have husbands over there), he may wish to stop by.
    I just sent him an e-mail with a link to this thread, thanks!

    The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

    Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

  17. #17
    Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Palmer,Alaska
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Let's see. 10 of the top 10 in the NBRSA 2009 Nationals Light Varmint used N133, and 14 of the top 20. 4 of the top 20 used 8208. Neither one of us knows which is better, if you can determine with is "better", cause I sold my BR rifle when I moved back up here, and I'm sure you're not competing in BR in Eagle River:-) I'm not touting either, but it's silly to say it's "crap". I have no need to try anything but N135 in my 6BR cause it shoots better than I can shoot it.

    You are not keeping up. Have you ran any of these powders through a sive? When you do get ready for a shock. I ran 133 when they still came in the two pound bottles and believe me nobody would have bothered to go any other way if Thunderbird still had T-8208. That is a real fact. The top BR competors have all moved to the new batch of 8208. Read the stuff from BR central before you dive in. 8208 is the new king of the road and meters much better than any of the 133 crap. In fact I foud the 2015 from accurate to be better in all my PPC's, at least enough to buy four cases per season of kegs. And stayed that way for each seasons re-barrel program.

    http://www.benchrest.com/forums/
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    OK Al your fav powder is better. We all agree. The rest of us peons will just have to use VN 'cuz I can get it cheap. It wont meter as good and my groups will open up by .0001, but thats the price I pay for using crap

  19. #19
    Member marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    V165, 250gr Lapua 338 Lock Base and Lapua brass with CCI 250's are sure working great in a TAC 338 Lapua for me. Right out of the gate they have preformed better than any combination of SMK loads that I have been working with for quite some time.

    I may be wrong but I don't believe for a minute that the majority of Alaskans are buying from Wildalaska for BR shooting. I guess if their products aren't the cats meow in small bore bench rifles then don't use it.

    Even a recent review of IMR -8208 says it's only similar to Thunder Bird T-8208. Perhaps similar is good enough in BR calibers or maybe it's the stability qualities of the new stuff.

  20. #20
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    once i get out of the sanbox and back to AK i will be stopping by to get some Grendel Brass, and prob. a few other things too.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •