Thread: Any information on the Andreafsky river

Default Any information on the Andreafsky river

I am planning a float trip down the East fork of the Andreafsky in the Yukon Delta. I would like to know:
    1- Best way to get to the head waters
    2- Best time given water levels and king salmon fishing
    3- How far down the river we can put in
    4- How is the wild life viewing/bears?

Did you do this trip? I am looking for a water taxi in this area if anyonne can help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Colemanjan View Post
    I am planning a float trip down the East fork of the Andreafsky in the Yukon Delta. I would like to know:
    1- Best way to get to the head waters
    2- Best time given water levels and king salmon fishing
    3- How far down the river we can put in
    4- How is the wild life viewing/bears?

Default River Resources

Wow, this is an old thread! Still, I thought readers might be interested to know that the Andreafsky River is listed in our Master River Chart on the site (it's on the bottom of the page). This chart lists every Alaska river that's in print or on DVD, and links each one to those titles, all of which can be found in our store. If you are researching for information on a river in Alaska, be sure to have a look on this page to see if there are any resources for you!

In the case of the Andreafsky River, the only two resources I know of are:

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit4slim View Post
    Did you do this trip? I am looking for a water taxi in this area if anyonne can help me out?
    Hey jackrabbit4slim,

Colemanjan did do this trip. He is not a “regular” on the forum, so I would not expect a reply. There is a scarcity of information on this river, especially the East Fork. The two resources Mike mentions have superficial river descriptions (as he stated), and from my experience their beta is second hand river knowledge at best and should not to be taken seriously. The logistics for this trip are complicated. Colemanjan, others, and I worked too hard to make this trip happen to spill my guts over the Internet. With that said, send me a private message, and I will point you in the right direction.

Later on,
    Josh

Josh,

sorry I haven't checked this in a while. I emailed you (haven't posted enough for PM privileges).

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Heg View Post
    Hey jackrabbit4slim,

Colemanjan did do this trip. He is not a “regular” on the forum, so I would not expect a reply. There is a scarcity of information on this river, especially the East Fork. The two resources Mike mentions have superficial river descriptions (as he stated), and from my experience their beta is second hand river knowledge at best and should not to be taken seriously. The logistics for this trip are complicated. Colemanjan, others, and I worked too hard to make this trip happen to spill my guts over the Internet. With that said, send me a private message, and I will point you in the right direction.

Later on,
    Josh