Thread: The "new" Redfield

Default The "new" Redfield

For those who hadn't heard, Leupold bought Redfield in 2008 and is resurrecting the brand at the Leupold factory in Beaverton, OR.

I ordered up 2 Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm and got them in today. They seem to be well made scopes with the quality and warranty you'd expect from Redfield / Leupold. The cost was $129.00 each.

It's nice having another American made scope brand to choose from.

I heard that Leupold was going to drop the Rifleman series and use the Redfield name for that brand. What has anyone else heard about that?

Still the great Leupold quality and customer service under any of their names.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Would that quality and service offer apply to older Redfields as well now? That would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Would that quality and service offer apply to older Redfields as well now? That would be nice!
    I don't think so. The Redfield website had reference to some outside companies for repair on the pre-"Leupold" Redfields. I'd imagine that meant they were standing by their Redfields and not the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by boliep View Post
    I heard that Leupold was going to drop the Rifleman series and use the Redfield name for that brand. What has anyone else heard about that?

Still the great Leupold quality and customer service under any of their names.
    Hmmm, don't know about that. The new Redfields have some of the same design features as the older Redfields. They're even offering the accu-plex reticle of the Redfields of yesteryear.

My sources tell me that Leupold will "honor" the old warranty in that they'll upgrade to a new scope if you turn in the old one and pay a $40 fee.

Not a bad deal really considering they didn't originally make the scopes.

I'm waiting on a test model, but early reports are that the new ones are the best scopes you can get in the price range by far.

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

There is a very good chance that one of these will find it's way atop my ole 7mm if my dad decides it is time for him to come up for a hunt (it was his). That and a trip to black ice coatings should have it pretty well decked out and ready for the weather!

Considering the price and who made them, the new redfields are at the top of my list for my new .243. If I wind up getting one, I'll post here and let ya'll know what I think of it.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    Considering the price and who made them, the new redfields are at the top of my list for my new .243. If I wind up getting one, I'll post here and let ya'll know what I think of it.
    sweet, gotta love a "cash test dummy" to take the plunge first Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    sweet, gotta love a "cash test dummy" to take the plunge first Keep us posted!
    LOL, Can't I just be something a little less dangerous-sounding, like a Guinea Pig? Honestly, considering they are made by Leupold I doubt there's much to worry about, but I'll let ya'll know if I have any issues. Should have it mounted and tested in a week or slightly more. Stuck in Manas at the moment due to a snowstorm.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Default Picture of a new Redfield

Well, it arrived yesterday. I couldn't find them in stock anywhere in AK, so I ordered it from optics planet. here's a pic of it mounted on my Marlin XS7 .243. I'll be taking it out tomorrow to sight it in. I'll let ya'll know how it does.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks nice. I have a 2x7 on order from GNG. I ordered it on a whim, really. I don't have anything to put it on, but a $140 (the Acurange reticle is $10 more) scope made in the USA, lifetime warranty by Leopold? Can't go wrong.

My uncle is threatening to buy a Savage in .30-06, so if he does it will likely end up as a gift to him.