Thread: Anyone in AK use a .338 edge?

Default Anyone in AK use a .338 edge?

Looking for a way to buy some ammo from someone up there in Sept. of this year? Pay good money for some reloads.
    If not I'll have to use my Ultra.
    Thanks

You might contact member Dan in Alaska. I believe that he shoots that round.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

wyo123, your account won't accept my PM's, so I have no way to get a hold of you. I'm not willing to load ammo for other people, but I can help you with loading data and the reloading process for the .338 Edge.

wyo123, post a visitor message on Brian M's page and he will activate your PM ability. We had to restrict some 'newer' users with few posts due to spam in the PM system.

BTW, what 338 Ultra do you have?

Sorry guys didnt know my PM was blocked.
    I will check into getting that fixed,
    My gun was built by Lawton machine in Mt. They built the action. Barrel is a 30" hart, HS precision tactical stock and Sekins precision magazine and bottom metal. Built the break myself. Lawton builds nice actions for a pretty good price.
    I have heard contradicting info about flying with ammo, I am hoping I could bring my own. I guess there might be some liability issue with shooting someone elses reloads, never really thought about that.
    Thanks

I hunt with an Edge, like others I won't load for someone I don't know.

Just curious though. Have traveled everywhere hunting myself and have always taken my ammo with. Has something changed?

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by wyo123 View Post
    I have heard contradicting info about flying with ammo, I am hoping I could bring my own.
    Bring your own ammo on the plane with you. It must be separate from the gun, and in the original box or stored in boxes specifically made for ammo. If there are more specifics, I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

I've flown many times with guns and ammo, and I've never had a problem. Declare your stuff at the check-in counter, and do what they ask. It's pretty painless.

Ammo DOES NOT have to be separate from rifle...but does need to be in original box or equiv or better container and I then secure in a locked container. One should check the regulations of the air line you will be flying on (can usually access on INTERNET) but have yet to find an air line that I could not fly with and have loaded ammo locked in rifle case with rifle this - includes international air lines. One side note tho, I would not recommend flying with any type of firearm on British Airways - they have a reputation for being very (VERY) anti-gun and gun owners frequently seem to arrive at their hunting destinations sans rifle case ..... sometimes shows up several weeks later!! Lotta good it does then...but maybe that is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Ammo DOES NOT have to be separate from rifle...
    Good to know!

I was told at the ticket counter, many years ago, that the ammo had to be separate from the firearm, so I've just been doing it that way ever since. Sorry, I didn't mean to give out bum information.

hap

That stipulation varies from airline to airline... Some require seperate, some want it in the same...