Thread: SPAM in the P.M. Box, a Growing problem

Default SPAM in the P.M. Box, a Growing problem

In the last couple of weeks I have been getting an increasing number of SPAM PM's in the inbox, including 3 today.

This keeps me from making comms with other members.

Can something even be done about this? Some of them were summarily banned, others I am not even sure if they were.

This never used to happen.

Thanks for a wonderful site.

We've been working on this, and as of 1pm today we think we have solved the problem. Folks may still find spam in their PM boxes that was sent before that time, but hopefully no new spam PMs will be sent after today. Please report them to us if you do get any using the little red and white triangle in the upper right corner of the message.

I know this has been frustrating, and we really appreciate everyone's patience. Hopefully we've turned a corner here. No popular site will ever be completely free of spam, but we've got a great group of guys working almost literally around the clock to keep the site running along smoothly.

Default none here.....yet

Now that I said that, I will probably start getting them. So far, none have come to me.

There is a little red triangle in the upper right corner of the PM. If it is spam, click that to report the post which will send a message to the mods to check on it and ban the ID if it is indeed the case. I know the mods are working on this issue, so reporting them is about all we can do right now to help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    We've been working on this, and as of 1pm today we think we have solved the problem. Folks may still find spam in their PM boxes that was sent before that time, but hopefully no new spam PMs will be sent after today. Please report them to us if you do get any using the little red and white triangle in the upper right corner of the message.

I know this has been frustrating, and we really appreciate everyone's patience. Hopefully we've turned a corner here. No popular site will ever be completely free of spam, but we've got a great group of guys working almost literally around the clock to keep the site running along smoothly.

Thanks for the quick reply and for dealing with the problem. That is good news.

If I have not hit my question limit for the night, could you check out my thread in the AK Hunting forum. Need a ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by cold zero View Post
    If I have not hit my question limit for the night, could you check out my thread in the AK Hunting forum. Need a ruling.
    I moved it to the gear forum. As for group buys, we've done them in the past, but need to think about this a bit. I'll let it ride for now to gauge interest, but I need to talk about it with Mike. I'll get back to you.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

oh heck i get 15 emails a day from the old forums...Montana and colorado.out doors.

my pm boxs are full and more is trying to be sent...

i can't even send the admins a note on it as theirs are full too i guess.

unlike the new v bulliten.. we can not report the post in there...

ya know i kinda miss have them two sites at the top to of the screen to bump over to....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs down

Inundated with SPAM.

Quote Originally Posted by cold zero View Post
    Inundated with SPAM.
    Did you get spam in your PM box, or are you just referring to the attack in the forums tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Did you get spam in your PM box, or are you just referring to the attack in the forums tonight?

I had let my PM box fill up, so I could not get anymore spam. I have since cleaned it out.

I was referring to the spam attack that happened that night.

glad you are working on the problem.