Thread: Monitors for Photoshop???

Default Monitors for Photoshop???

Well the wife's monitor bit the dust so she wanted mine, both 19 inch Dell LCD's that were great all around monitors. I bought a 24inch Samsung LCD from Costco which is great for games, but I really don't like it for Photoshop (which is more important to me). Very dull colors, washed out looking. My 0n line search for "Monitors for Photoshop" didn't help. I really want to stay in the 23-24 inch range. Any recommendations (good and bad)??? Thanks.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

RMK

Cool Dude....you're getting a Dell

I have a Dell 21" LCD that has served me well for quite a while. Just for grins and giggles, I hooked up my Dell 26" TV to the computer last week. I felt like I was getting a sun burn from sitting in front of it. (a little radiation overkill)

At work we have had some View Sonic monitors in the past, and they didn't seem to last as long.

Dell isn't the cheapest, but if you watch for the sales, they don't seem bad.

HP 2475w is an H-IPS panel. Dell has a 2209wa that is an IPS panel also, but it's only a 22 incher. These two are the lowest priced IPS panels that I know of. What is your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    Well the wife's monitor bit the dust so she wanted mine, both 19 inch Dell LCD's that were great all around monitors. I bought a 24inch Samsung LCD from Costco which is great for games, but I really don't like it for Photoshop (which is more important to me). Very dull colors, washed out looking. My 0n line search for "Monitors for Photoshop" didn't help. I really want to stay in the 23-24 inch range. Any recommendations (good and bad)??? Thanks.
    Here's a URL with some technical details and explanations of what is important.

http://www.clarkvision.com/photoinfo...n_LCD_monitor/

This URL lists suitable models by size etc, and has links to details for each.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

The NEC MultiSync "LCDxx90" series, such as the LCD2090, are very good for image editing. I personally prefer to use two monitors rather than one large one, and have a pair of NEC LCD2090UXI monitors for editing work. There are also LCD2490, LCD2690, and LCD3090 (24, 26 and 30 inch) versions of the same monitor. The trailing letters on the models are different and I'm not sure what the variations are (see the second URL above, which probably explains each).

The NEC monitors are about as good as it gets without spending really huge amounts of money. Watching eBay will turn up a bargain now and then, so the listed price is not what you'd have to pay; but otherwise they are a tad spendy! However, the next best are Eizo monitors, at more than twice the price, and I've never seen even one at a bargain price!

Floyd,

Fantastic! This is what I was looking for. I have already found 1/2 dozen monitors I would like to buy. thanks for the links!

Roger
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

In 1998 I purchased two 21" viewsonic monitors.

I have yet to see anything on the market that can match the colors of those two giants.

Each one cost me $750 each.

They were huge and extremely heavy to say the least. but for accurate color rendition that 'matched' the output of the prints. I have been satisfied beyond what words can achieve.

When your prints match the colors on the monitor precisely. Well you can't get much better than that.

I do a huge amount of printing each year. The amount of money I spend on ink and paper rivals most peoples yearly pay!

COMPARE what YOU see in person. Not something written on the internet. That is the last place I go for results that are accurate.

Go to a computer store and actually look at different monitors, COMPARE the specs. Do the work involved to make a wise choice based on what you can actually see and discern with your own eyes!!

That is just 'my opinon' and it is only worth 2 cents !!