Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Interesting Moose pictures..your thoughts?

Default Very Interesting Moose pictures..your thoughts?

throw up your thought's, hope this gets interesting...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The first and fourth pics are of winter color phase moose. The others are of bull moose, one of them is dead.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    The first and fourth pics are of winter color phase moose. The others are of bull moose, one of them is dead.
    your eyes are brown and your ears are leaking it!!!!

LOL

notice the fence behind those two bulls... non typically raised on a farm
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

All was fine until I read your post Vince - then I spit on my screen in laughter!

Funny, I was thinking of starting a thread on Alaskan Albino's. Last I heard it has been years since we had a fully white Albino moose around the road system. Last year in Denali a park ranger told me there was a three-quarter Albino in Denali National Park some years back; no-one has seen it for some time. There is a white face moose in the park though, I have pictures of it somewhere.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I knew on could count on you guys!!

the fence is a "sanctuary"

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The 2 live bulls are at the Alaska game park , Either that or waiting in a fence for a wall street banker to spend our stimulus money on a canned hunt
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default World Record Moose?

I'm not sure but the third picture may be that of the current world record moose that was taken a few years back in Russia.

WhiteFish

Default Well...

The Moosies in the pen look very Horney and the dead Horney one should make the hunter very HAPPY! ?
    OH, the white ones are CUTE?

Their parents were cousins............
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I believe the third one is:
    Eric Arnette's Moose

Harvested in Alaska on September 5/2004 by Eric Arnette. 75 inches wide and 36 points, green scored at approximately 264 B&C.

for the life of me I can't figure out why the guy had to do the "way way back" photo with that moose like he's not big enough or something??

Default winter color phase

?????
    are you refering to the dead hair they get at the end of winter or the small number that turn white when it snows - so they can't be seen by joggers & bikers until its too late?
    Just gotta know.
    Gary

Gary, they are like snowshoes, brown in the summer and white during their "winter phase".

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    All was fine until I read your post Vince - then I spit on my screen in laughter!

Funny, I was thinking of starting a thread on Alaskan Albino's. Last I heard it has been years since we had a fully white Albino moose around the road system. Last year in Denali a park ranger told me there was a three-quarter Albino in Denali National Park some years back; no-one has seen it for some time. There is a white face moose in the park though, I have pictures of it somewhere.
    There has been an albine moose hanging around Delta lately. I have not seen it but there were pictures of it in the Fairbanks Newsminer a few months back...

http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_s...town-in-Delta?

i dont know about the bulls here but the Bull scat is DEEP. Its cool to see pics of albino moose. I have never seen one but i did see an albino deer in MN. cool to see!

2nd to the last one I believe was circulated a few years ago via email. It was believed to be the new world record but there was a fair chase issue due to it was a helicopter hunt out of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFish View Post
    I'm not sure but the third picture may be that of the current world record moose that was taken a few years back in Russia.

WhiteFish
    Fish, I think this was one that was taken around the Kilbuck Mountains of AK back about 5-6 years ago. What a horse! Hope he had some help to skin and quarter that baby.

third picture; from B&C website...

Yes, this gigantic bull moose IS as big as he looks. Eric Arnette was fortunate enough to bag this bull on Sept. 5th in the Kilbuck Mountains (400 miles west of Anchorage). First reports on this monster are that he is 75 inches wide, has 36 scoreable points, and could challenge the World's Record at more than 260 B&C! We'll make sure and keep you posted. Stay tuned!

Eric is one of the newest B&C Lifetime Associates (#308). Congratulations, Eric, on such a fine trophy!

UPDATE: Eric's great Alaska-Yukon moose has been officially scored at 236 B&C. Should the moose be accepted at that score upon review, it would stand at 118th on the all-time list. Greatest spread was 74 inches, with 12 points on each antler (not counting a total of four abnormal points.) Definitely a fantastic trophy!

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/t...0-5A95094BC765

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post

throw up your thought's, hope this gets interesting...
    Well you know if I give my two cents it will be interesting!!!! (Call it as you see it sort of speak) Lets just say some of these photos have been circulating the internet for some time…. I can not recall exactly but something like (poopers.com or maybe farmers photos.com) originally publish these ….If I recall there where some copyright photo reproduction infringements with automatic jail time for violators (life with no possibility of parole) and suspension of your drivers license and your dairy queen buy one get one free card. These however - may not be the originals? As the albino moose look appears to be of hybrid Holstein strain found only in the upper Bulgaria Mountains during a short matting season ritual. Thus - if this is in fact the case these photos may actually be of some scientific value and monetary gain to the current individual that posted this documentation.

Your Friend,
    Montana

Great pictures thanks for posting them. In the second picture how do you count the brow tines on the left antler? looking at the left side it looks like two brow tines, but it could easily be confused for having five on that side. I wonder if F&G would go letter of the law if you saw something that had an antler like that and counted it as three or more if that was the side that you felt met antler restrictions.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast