Thread: Canon 7D ??

Default Canon 7D ??

Any opinions out there on this one?...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I want one.

I have a 50D now, but the 7D offers several better features. (larger & brighter view screen, better LCD, wireless flash built in, weather resistance) Plus some practical improvements like a superior autofocus system, better image quality and less noise at high ISO. All stuff I could use.

I'll have to sell a few more wedding packages to pull the trigger on buying one though.

I have not used the 7D but heard great things about it from local photographers and representatives at Best Buy. After some research, I ended up buying the Canon Rebel T1i (Best Buy) as it was more affordable and takes both photo's and video which was a function I wanted/needed.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Default I love my 7D

I was still using my 20D waiting for a good upgrade and didnt feel that any of following xxd were worthwhile. That is untill the 7D came out and I am not disappointed at all.

There has been a lot of talk about the AF not working properly and needing to send cameras back to the company. Mine has been amazing from the start. With my 100-400mm it can lock on fast in low light. A lot faster than my 20D.

There are a lot of buttons and functions to play with, But overall to me they feel very user friendly. The view finder is true 100% viewing. The live view on the back is very usefull for macro. You can set it up then zoom in x10 and get a very accurate manual focus. Very Cool. You can enable grid lines in the view finder helping to line up the camera easier to the horizon.

The Video is neat but I havent messed around with it too much. The camera is really fun to customized the buttons to however you like them. The increase of the iso is amazing it is way cleaner (of course I am comparing to the 20D not 50D.) I just cant wait for spring and for the birds to arrive. It is shaping up to a fun spring.

It is definitely fun to use and worth it. Of course if you are Majik Imaje you are a just wasting your time to get a really great camera that can react fast and take great pictures with the right operator.

josh

Bird and sports photographers are having a blast with the 7D. If I were going to upgrade from my 40D, I would not think twice and buy a 7D. Before the 7D hit the market, a 5D II with its large sensor (FF) would have been my first choice. That's not the case now.

I have talked to a couple of photographer who have both the 5D II and the 7D, and the latter is their favorite for birds and action photography, while the 5D II is their favorite for wide landscapes.

This guy is a new 7D user. He shot the eagles with a 7D and EF 500mm f/4 lens:
    http://galloimages.zenfolio.com/p524...72413#h64b4806