Thread: FX3 vs. Fury

Question FX3 vs. Fury

The basic gist of my question is: is the Foxpro Fury worth the extra $200 compared to the FX3? My brother has some gift cards to Cabelas and is going to be picking up a predator call soon. He asked me if I could run the topic by you fellas to see what you think. It seems like the FX3 was all the rage and was plenty good enough for people until the Fury came along. I know that the Fury has a fancier remote, but does it have any features that might actually impact one's success rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The basic gist of my question is: is the Foxpro Fury worth the extra $200 compared to the FX3?
    I hope so!
    "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." ......Fred Bear

I've considered selling my winter camo FX3. It has been an awesome caller, incredibly reliable, and the range is fantastic, but I like the size of the scorpion. I'd be willing to sell mine for $350 with a pelican hardcase. Comes with USB cable and it's in excellent condition.

Default FoxPro

Brian,
    The Fury is a nice caller and the $200 extra is something you'd have to weigh against how much you're going to use the thing. The FX3 will call in animals, no doubt. The Fury and it's TX500 remote are a good setup though. The remote on the Fury uses a different technology than the FX3 and the range reliability is far better. You might want to look at the FoxPro CS-24 though:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/custom_shop/product_cs24.php

It's only $100 more and you get an absolute bombproof Alaskan caller. It uses the TX500 remote, is programmable, and is tough as nails. It doesn't have a few of the Fury features (FoxFade, Sequence), but they're not necessary. I've used the FX3, Fury, Scorpion, CS-24 and Prairie Blaster from FoxPro. They're all good callers, but the CS-24 is really a caller built to handle Alaskan temperatures and field abuse. If you're around Fairbanks and want to listen or check out some of my FoxPro's, just let me know, I'd be happy to let you check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I've considered selling my winter camo FX3. It has been an awesome caller, incredibly reliable, and the range is fantastic, but I like the size of the scorpion. I'd be willing to sell mine for $350 with a pelican hardcase. Comes with USB cable and it's in excellent condition.

Amen. I too moved on from the "standard" Foxpro body to the compact Scorpion.

Default Scorpion

I used the Scorpion pretty hard for 2 years up here and it's never given me any problems. One nice feature is that you can turn it On/Off from the remote, which is handy when the temps are cold. I usually would carry a larger external speaker to get more volume for open areas as well. Great little caller, especially for the money and even better now with some of the sales they're having on them.

I've had a Scorpian for over a year and have had a lot of trouble with it. I send it back this summer and they worked on it but it still had problems. Foxpro finally stepped up and replaced my unit. If nothing else they have great customer support. I will be putting my new one through its paces soon. I used it yesterday and it seemd to work fine, but I have yet to hit the 100 yard mark for remote range.
    PC gag in place.

Default Scorpion

Alaska Sportsman,
    What kind of problems were you having with your Scorpion (remote range)? I have probably one of the earlier models and it's been absolutely flawless and has worked every single time for me. The new(er) models supposedly have a hard wired, On/Off switch inside that you can flip to keep positioned so that you don't accidentally turn on the caller from the remote. Are you normally putting your caller out over 100 yards away from you when out calling? Most of the area I call, my caller is only 20-40 yards from me tops and I can always see the thing.

I'm the same as snowcamo........Scorpion has been flawless. As far as ultimate range, I've never tested it. I have used it out close to 100 yards but usually don't get farther away than maybe 60-70. Mine does have the internal on-off switch. I'm not sure whether battery type has anything to do with range, but I do use the deepest capacity rechargeable batteries I can find. I go out with a full charge every time.

Wink FX3 vs Fury

I have an FX5, a scorpion, a Fury and a CS-24. They all work well, but the CS-24 is my favorite. The Fury and the CS-24 both use the signal hopping technology that gives better remote control reliability under less than perfect conditions. To MY ear, the CS-24 with it's TOA speaker gives the best tone also. The "Cone" speaker on the FX models and the Fury gives the best sound when using higher pitched screams and coyote vocals. In answer to the original question, if your FX3 is working well, there is no need to upgrade. Well OK, if you want the best and you have the money, why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cronk View Post
    I have an FX5, a scorpion, a Fury and a CS-24. They all work well, but the CS-24 is my favorite.

Why do I not have neighbors/friends like you.......?

OK, You'll where to buy the best, at the best price......? Thank you.

Probably your best bet online is either direct from FoxPro, or at
    www.allpredatorcalls.com

If you look around on ebay or even on FoxPro's website, you can pick up used one's for a deal.

http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/...splay.php?f=31

Thank you............