Thread: Pods w/ UHMW

Default Pods w/ UHMW

I am in process of fabricating a set of pods for my boat, I was thinking about attaching a piece of UHMW to the bottom of the pods, has anyone done this?
    Seems like a good idea, any thoughts?
    Does anyone have any left over pieces of UHMW 24" X 20"?
    Or where in AK. I can pick some up?

Thanks
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

AK rubber & rigging in FBX or CAC plastic in wasilla

Hi There Not Sure Where You Are Located But I Have Used And New Give Me A CAll. 907-322-3291 I'm In Fairbanks

Default So, speaking of...

...float pods, any recomendations on who in South Central might be able to weld-up a nice set, given a set of plans?

"Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals."
    -John McCain

Default Skip Olsen, Stand up Guy

I called Skip up, told him what I needed, and he invited me out. I found a stand up Alaskan, concerned about hunting and fishing rights, who happens to be an avid airboater and air boat builder.
    I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with Skip, his lovely wife, and Brett the lab. His old man lab even came out to visit which was way cool cause I love the old boys. Just something about the regal way they carry themselves.
    Skip doesn't seem to toot his own horn, so I will do it for him. If you need advice, input, design, support, or something more related to airboats, Skip is worth a phone call at least.
    Thanks Skip for all the help. If you plan on a sub zero airboat ride and need a partner I'm your guy.
    ARR

AK River Rat
    Thank You For The Complmaint, I Just Try To Treat And Deal With People The Way I Would Like To Be Treated

Akgramps, let me know how the pods work out. We have talked over the last couple of years about mine if you remember. I finally got back and need to figure out the issue when the water gets soft again. Good look on the build.

Quote Originally Posted by akshrop View Post
    Akgramps, let me know how the pods work out. We have talked over the last couple of years about mine if you remember. I finally got back and need to figure out the issue when the water gets soft again. Good look on the build.
    Good to hear from you, I was wondering if you still had your G3?
    I have a idea on yours that might work.

The pods are in progress, you are welcome to stop by sometime on the weekend if you want to meet up.
    I send you a pm w a phone number.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR