Thread: Important Notice for Valley Shooters

Default Important Notice for Valley Shooters

This was posted elsewhere and I'd like to do my part to spread the word.

Heads up everyone,

I received a telephone call this afternoon at 3:15pm, from a VERY well placed "Friend" (from within the Wasilla City Administration) stating that: "there WILL BE an overt attempt to scuttle the Wasilla Shooting Range at this coming Monday's Wasilla City Council meeting (set for 6pm) at Wasilla's City Hall!" My Friend said that the person behind this scuttling attempt is Taffina Katkus, the very same person who has tried to "trash the range" idea when it first surfaced. This is also the very same person who later stated that: "if I see overwhelming public support, for the proposed shooting range, I WILL NOT vote against it (the range)!" My Friend further told me that Katkus will be bringing some of "Her Friends" to Monday's City Council Meeting, to show that "they" are NOT in favor of the range.
    Well, here's OUR chance to show the Wasilla City Council who really IS in favor of this range. Just like when we all came together to support Mat-Su's Fish & Game Advisory Board elections, we need to NOW come together again to show massive overwhelming public support for this range! We need to spread the word far and wide "to meet at Wasilla City Hall NO LATER THAN 5:30pm this coming Monday evening" to first, "sign in" (one right after the other) on the "persons to be heard" list, and second, then to PACK the City Council Chamber to the point of standing room only!
    By signing in, one right after the other, we may EACH have an opportunity to state OUR support, one after another, directly to the Council Members, to include Ms Katkus. I will be bringing along each full petition page to show the Council that there IS public support for this range, and to see the process through to it's logical unmistakable conclusion- that being to build this RANGE! We already have 1,500+ signatures!

"WE" need to make Her (Ms Katkus) eat Her words, and to live up to Her previous statement and near promise, "to not block the range!" This will be OUR range, in Wasilla, and "WE" don't need someone from Meadow Lakes (where Ms Katkus is from) to be "two-faced" and to go back on Her statement!

If you hold any hope for this range to come into being, this is only the first of three chances YOU have to be heard. The second chance will be at the upcoming City Planning Commission, loosely scheduled for early February. The third time will be, for the "final City Council vote" for the range @ 15 Feb.

Rest assured, that when I get the dates for the last two vote sessions, I will get the word out in a similar fashion. Here's OUR opportunity to step up to the plate and "to smack this one out of the park", and to hold OUR elected officials to their word or statements made!

I sincerely hope that I will see you all there this coming Monday at 5:30pm, at Wasilla's City Hall.

Default Tyrex, copied your post and...

Sent it to the Mat-su AC, NRA, SCI,AOC and a lot of others, Hopefully this will do some real help on making a range happen. Thanks for the heads up. Ken F. SCADA
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Is this about the one on Maud road off the old Glen?

Quote Originally Posted by michael wascom View Post
    Is this about the one on Maud road off the old Glen?
    That one is a Borough deal and I think it's stalled. This is the one by the Wasilla Sports Complex near Parks highway and Church road.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    That one is a Borough deal and I think it's stalled. This is the one by the Wasilla Sports Complex near Parks highway and Church road.
    what kind of range? What length etc?

I would like to come to this meeting, but I want to confirm. Is that tonight's meeting, the 25th? or next Monday night's meeting, the 1st of February?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    what kind of range? What length etc?
    Open 100 yard rifle/handgun combo with a 30' backstop bream, 20' side breams, and high shot deflectors of some kind over top. They had a model of it at the Wasilla gun show. There will be a 75 yard and 50 yard (or was it 50 & 25?) also but I don’t know if they will be at the same time or later down the road.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAKsoldier View Post
    I would like to come to this meeting, but I want to confirm. Is that tonight's meeting, the 25th? or next Monday night's meeting, the 1st of February?
    Mon Jan 25th 6:00 pm.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default I can't say I blame her

As much as I dislike driving all the way to Birchwood, I wouldn't want a rifle range next door to my house either.

I wish they could find a less populated area for a range - but that might not exist anywhere close to Wasilla anymore.

Default I don't know

I only live a short distance from Rabbit Creek. I like it! Heck, too many times I'll pop over there to shoot, and have forgotten something, jump in the truck and go get it. It's awesome. The hours of operation are extremely easy on the ears. Heck, it's a LOT less bothersome than: open pipe harleys, boom boom stereos, fart can imports, crack piped rice rockets...

I wish we had a 1000yd range with steel targets out there, sporting clay range, you name it. It'd be a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffin AK View Post
    As much as I dislike driving all the way to Birchwood, I wouldn't want a rifle range next door to my house either.

I wish they could find a less populated area for a range - but that might not exist anywhere close to Wasilla anymore.
    Ive shot at ranges in Europe that were in suburban areas.

The difference being that those ranges (generally "clubs" )have efffective saftey, targeting and noise reduction design and a lack of yahoos.

Default But....

I LIKE yahoos! In fact, lemme check, yup, I AM a yahoo. Were it not for us yahoos, there'd be no guns, no ammo, and, well, no gun shops. I was out in Palmer today, I believe the fellow yahoos were out in force supporting the economy, God bless 'em all.

Default Yahooo?????

I have been called a lot of things but that is "MY" most favorite!!!
    If it weren't for Yahoos, no one would live in Wasilla/Palmer area. Me thinks
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?