Thread: Beach Davit.

Default Beach Davit.

Any body have pics of theres I can ideas from. Im going to build off the river bank. It will be a 6 inch spruce pole about 25ft. It will be mounted to the base of an old growth spruce about 15 ft from the bank. It will only go up and down no side swing. It will have 2 winches one for the end of the boom to the pulley up higher on the old spruce and one for the end of the boom to pick thed load. Im shooting for a 1000lb lift capacity. Any Ideas on how to mount the boom pole to the base of the big tree? I was thinking just making a mount that bolts to the big spruce and is kinda like a trolling pole mount on a hand troller. or something?

I think your bracket idea you describe is sound. If damage to the large spruce is a concern you could design the bracket to be strapped on the tree base with a heavy duty webbing & ratchet system.

Also, here's a link to the Army riggers handbook which you may find useful for ideas and load capacity calculations.

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...k-TM-5-125.pdf

Good luck!

Default thanks

Wow that pdf is a real mind bender lol. Thanks. Im shooting for a 1000k pound load lift. I just want to be able to pick a atv or snowmachine or 16 foot skiff/motor.

yeah, I figured it might be a bit of "information overload"...at least you'll be well informed .