Thread: Superlite Water Filteration

Default Superlite Water Filteration

For you guys and/or gals that like to filter your water while affield, I saw they make a new filteration straw, its really small. looks to be about 6-8 inches or so long, and thats it, with a built in filter, they say it last only 12 months and it can filter a certain amount of liters. Not sure who makes it, but on the straw it is printed, "Water is Life". they are said to cost $10.00

I just saw that they are sending thousands and thousands of them to Haiti, due to the contamination of their water supply.

Palmer, AK

Interesting, I wonder how hard they are to suck through. (yeah, try and refrain from crude jokes guys)

Eagle River

I have one of these ultralight water filters. I purchased it here:

"Aquamira Frontier Filter An Emergency water filter so compact it fits in a shirt pocket, weighs less than one ounce, filters up to 20 gallons, 99.9% effective against waterborne pathogens and contaminates down to 2 microns."

I haven't used it yet, but it looks like a great addition to my emergency pack.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.