Thread: Contacts, Best riding gear "upgrade" ever

Default Contacts, Best riding gear "upgrade" ever

So I've worn glasses for ever and always fought them in the cold. This fall I was having all kinds of issues and could either get frost bite and ride with my goggles down or have my goggles up and my face warm and not be able to see/ keep up. There were several times my goggles were about to fly across the Kuskokwim I was so frustrated.

While I was out of the bush at xmass I got some contacts. Holly Cow are they are a nice "upgrade". No longer am I dealing with fogged up glasses and not being axle to. It's nice to be able to have my goggles down as soon as I hit the river and keep them down till we stop. It's also nice for working in below 0 temps, no more frozen up glasses while working on the fish trap.

Agreed!
    I carry my glasses as a back up just in case I have a problem but I wear contacts whenever I ride.

Yup, I just got contacts a couple weeks ago. Its amazing how much less fiddling around with all of your facial gear you have to do when there isn't a pair of glasses in the mix. Best purchase I've made in a while.
    -

Arrow prescription goggles

I personally don't like contacts - sensitive eyes...I wear pro-vue prescription goggles and they work great. They have a fan that runs off a AAA battery that keeps them fog free.
    They cost close to $300 but they are well worth it!

Default contacts

Yep... Got them two years ago and I have never been happier. Best thing... getting your peripheral vision back!
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.