Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dall Sheep Mounts

Default Dall Sheep Mounts

I am getting a dall sheep mounted in the next year or so and am trying to get ideas for a pedestal mount. If anyone has any photos, I'd love to see them! Thanks!

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else may have a fresh mount!

your right, I should have advised you to bump up your previous thread instead of sarcastic comment, it's been tense here... my apologies

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Here are a couple of wall pedestal mounts we just got back, so indeed, there are some fresh photos out there We couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I went and looked at as many mounts as I could find so we had some ideas, and then took the professional opinion of the taxidermist to see if he was thinking along the same lines we were.

A closer view of one.

A closer view of the other.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by jimss View Post
    Just thought I'd see if anyone else may have a fresh mount!
    seen one with a shocked look on its face mounted over the rubber boot rack...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default nice

I would have posted those in a fresh thread. Regardless......those bad boys turned out nice and even though I wasn't on that hunt just seeing those great mounts brought back the memories of reading your hunt report.

I keep trying to imagine the force it must have taken to break horn at that thickness.

Default WOW!

All I can say is WOW! What gorgeous rams and mounts! Now I'm really glad I added the new post...sorry about that guys but it was worth it to me! I'm curious if you happen to know what forms your taxidermist used for the wall mounts? Thanks again and congrads on your gorgeous rams!

Have you seen the "sneak" left or right turn? I wish I had a pic of one, I'm getting both of mine done that way, check out Alaska Precision Taxidermy website, they are out of Fairbanks.

Your taxidermists should have a form list with picture, most of the forms are made by McKenzie ( the same co. that makes Archery targets) You could probably pull them up online. Another cool pose for sheep I have seen is the lip curl pose. But check it out.

jimss,
    I think the forms are called a "wall bust" or something, one with a right turn and one with a left turn. I'll see if I can find out what form he used.

Bighorse,
    Many times I have contemplated and tried to imagine what exactly happened when that horn busted off. Possibly a serious battle or a nasty fall. I also think about that lonely chunk of horn just sitting out there on a mountain somewhere. If horns and antlers could talk, I am sure they would have many stories to tell, but maybe half the fun is the fact that it is all left to the imagination. If I knew, I would cease to wonder.

Default attempted shot

What if some guy was throwing the long bomb at him and whacked his horn. A bullet would damage it enough that when the ram rubbed it or used it the end would fall off.

It's fun to guess..................

I have to say that your ram looks alot like the one I shot last year from the Brooks.

It's pretty common for old rams to develop a crack at one of the annuli. One of the rams we killed this year probably would have broken off about that much horn in the next year or so if he had lived another year.

Default Sneak left

This is a sneak to the left done by Kevin from Alaska Precision Taxidermy. The paint in the background takes away from the beauty of the sheep in the picture but the sneak gives a fuller thick neck in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Sneak Right

Here is a sneak right style mount. This was done a few years back by skip.

Default AKarcher

That is one pretty Ram.

Here is one I had mounted by Rich Hamilton of Brow-tine Taxidermy in North Pole.

Here's a photo of my Brooks ram with a right turn.

Default just got him back yesterday

Here's my ram from 2008. Another one done by Rich from Brow-Tine

Default One from SCI

I liked this one enough to snap a pix...

Default semi sneak left turn

this mount is done on a jonas 6331 form........the pedestal sheep on the wall look like mckenzie da-29wp....and the picture taken at sci of the full pedestal is the mckenzie ds201p.....jonas does make some wall pedestals as well.........if you want your sheep to look like a sheep take it to dan foster at fosters taxidermy in wasilla

"early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast