Thread: Pawn shops in Fairbanks... Gun selections?

Default Pawn shops in Fairbanks... Gun selections?

Any of the pawn shops around fairbanks have any decent gun selections on the rack?

Not really, all of the pawn shops I've been in up here have a pretty poor selection and ridiculous prices. There used to be a little pawn shop downtown that had a good selection and decent prices, but sadly, it is no more. Nowadays, the best selection of used guns in town that I know of is at the 6th Avenue gun shop. Arctic Gunworks has a few too.
    Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

Yea I stop in at Guns an Ammo on 6th a few times a month so see his stuff.

I miss Down under guns, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPacker View Post
    Not really, all of the pawn shops I've been in up here have a pretty poor selection and ridiculous prices. There used to be a little pawn shop downtown that had a good selection and decent prices, but sadly, it is no more. Nowadays, the best selection of used guns in town that I know of is at the 6th Avenue gun shop. Arctic Gunworks has a few too.
    Agree with you about the ridiculous prices they want for used guns. I bought a few guns at the one in Second Avenue, and their prices were the best in town.

Default pawn shop

your better off waiting for a gun show if your looking for used, one coming up the end of February

2 Dice pawn used to have decent deals. I once managed to find a Leupold-scoped M70 in .264 WinMag for $350, and there were a few others along the same lines...

I do miss Down Under though.

Default Hit all five and then wait for the gunshows

Alaska Guns and Ammo...Steve is just fun to talk to... this is the closest thing we have to an old fashioned gunshop in town. Sometimes good stuff comes in. I still kick myself about missing a Mark V 7 mm Roy for 450 dollars.
    Arctic gunsmithing...Good stuff does come into Gary's shop.
    2 Dice- right now they are a bit more expensive and you have to haggle.
    North Pole Pawn... Kind of hard to find...sometimes they have good stuff.
    Protec- Speciality EBR stuff and the best 1911 selection.

Gun shows are the best. Saddly, the guns in Fairbanks seem to be kind of fixed in number. There could be a big influx of guns.

I have also noticed that Frontier Outfitters sells more guns that Sportsman's Warehouse and I like both Bill and Frank.

Sincerely,
    Thomas